Asara Wine Estate

Wine Tours & Tasting in or near Stellenbosch, Cape Winelands in the Western Cape, South Africa.

Things To Do in StellenboschAsara Wine Estate

Wine Tours & Tasting Cape Winelands

Where? Polkadraai Road, Stellenbosch, Western Cape.

When? Monday to Saturday from 10h00 to 18h00
Sunday and General Public Holidays from 10h00 to 16h00

How? Call +27 (0)21 888-8000

How much? Price on request

Overnight? Stay at accommodation in Stellenbosch, in Western Cape

Asara originated in 1691 and was named Verdun when granted as a farm and in 1772. The Roux family bought it and retained it until 1995. The manor house from 1845 later became the cellar in 1953. Merchants were some of the first customers to buy wine from this farm and in 1970; the first wine to be sold under the estate’s label was sold.

The next owner was Frans Tolken who sold it to Markus Rahmann in 2001. Markus has a global vision and strives for global excellence for these wines. He maintains that partnerships with nature as well as retailers and distributors are essential to get the wine and make it available. This 180 hectare wine estate produces red wine on 75% of the estate and white wine on the other 25%. To this day some of the cement fermentation can be seen before the renovated cellar with stainless tanks was built.

Visit the wine bar and experience tastings with a difference as well as cured meats, local cheeses and tapas. You can sample tastings from a tinted glass or have a blindfolded tasting to really experience the beauty of the wine.

To view more wine estates in the region see Bottelary Hills Wine Estates or see South Africa Wine Estates for a general overview and links to other wine producing regions.

Please Note

Business details can change. All information is published in good faith as supplied by the providers. Please check with the provider that the activity/business is still offered as described above, before making any travel plans.

Why not overnight? Find Accommodation in Stellenbosch

Le Pommier Wine Estate

Hotel / Self Catering

Le Pommier Wine Estate

Le Pommier Wine Estate is situated in the Cape Winelands, on Helshoogte Pass, the main route between Stellenbosch and ... more

Haskell Vineyards

Self Catering

Haskell Vineyards

Haskell Vineyards offers self catering accommodation in two units in peaceful surroundings, surrounded by vines. The ... more

The Oak Room

Self Catering

The Oak Room

The Oak Room offers self catering accommodation in two apartments in Stellenbosch. Each apartment sleep two guests each ... more

Feedback?

Please let us know if anything on this page is outdated or contains inaccuracies. Click here to send us feedback if this is your service/activity.

©Unauthorised use of the
photos is strictly prohibited.

SA-Venues.com has been assisting travellers with their South Africa travel plans since 1999, and is the largest online travel guide for South Africa available in both English and German.

SA-Venues.com © 1999-2017. All Rights Reserved. Find and book hotels and accommodation in South Africa. Sitemap