Things To Do in Green PointGreen Point Urban Park
Where? Green Point, Cape Town
When? Open daily from 7h00 to 19h00.
How? Call +27 (0)21 417-0111
How much? Free
Green Point Urban Park includes a fitness park for cycling, outdoor training and gym; a learning park for functions, seminars and arts training; a play park, an art park for specialist events, exhibitions and craft markets; an adventure park, a heritage park, an events park including outdoor markets, concerts, competitions and events and additional facilities including a tea garden, a biodiversity nursery, bicycle rental, flower selling and fresh produce markets.
While entry into the park is free, patrons are required to adhere to a few critical Conditions of Use for their own and others pleasure and safety:
• The park opens at 7h00 and closes at 19h00 daily;
• The park is used at one’s own risk, including the play and exercise equipment;
• Camping, bathing, fires, braais, overnight sleeping, loud music, flower picking and alcohol is not permitted;
• Children must at all times be supervised, especially on the walkways adjacent to the water features;
• Dogs are welcome and must at all times be leashed. Owners are required to pick up and dispose of dog excrement. Dogs are however prohibited from entry into the Biodiversity Garden;
• Picnics are permitted but skateboarding and swimming are prohibited. Security personnel will patrol the grounds and are stationed at entrances.