The Mbombela Stadium located just 7km outside of Nelspruit in Mpumalanga has been designed to ensure it enjoys a life beyond the 2010 World Cup tournament as an adaptable sports, entertainment and exhibition venue. Mbombela Stadium will host first round matches with a seating capacity of just over 40,000.
First Round Matches and Dates:
• Wednesday, 16 June 2010 - Honduras vs Chile: Result 0-1
• Sunday, 20 June 2010 - Italy vs New Zealand: Result 1-1
• Wednesday, 23 June 2010 - Australia vs Serbia: Result 2-1
• Friday, 25 June 2010 - Korea DPR vs Côte d'Ivoire: Result 0-3
Accommodation in Nelspruit and near Mbombela Stadium:
Find Accommodation in Mpumalanga for the 2010 World Cup by using our Mpumalanga map designed to show distances in kilometres from the Mbombela Stadium to towns within a 30km, 60km, 90km and 120km radius to the Stadium. See: Mbombela Stadium Accommodation.
On Holiday in Nelspruit
• Nelspruit Attractions
• Nelspruit Events
• Nelspruit Accommodation
• Nelspruit Hotels
• Nelspruit Guest Houses
• Nelspruit Bed & Breakfast
• Nelspruit Self Catering
• Nelspruit Holiday Apartments
• Nelspruit Family-friendly
• Mpumalanga Accommodation
• Mpumalanga Hotels
Visiting South Africa?
See Things To Do in South Africa to view hundreds of outdoor activities, arts and crafts, wildlife and cultural activities, extreme sports and many more categories or check out South Africa Events to see what festivals and events are taking place during your visit to South Africa.
24 hour reception and other
facilities only available at hotels?