About Cape Dutch Quarters
The Cape Dutch Quarters is situated in the middle of old Tulbagh village, and nestled between two museums. The old Cape Dutch road of Church Street runs along the front of the Quarter, and the more modern Victorian High Street with the town centre runs along the back. Most places of interest and restaurants are located within a few minutes walk from the Quarter, and the top five Tulbagh wine farms are only a five minute drive away.
Self Catering Accommodation
THE STABLES at 20 Church Street (sleeps 2 - 3):
This spacious split level up market conversion is both light and airy and a perfect solution to a couple / triple or child. Full of character and centrally located in historic Church Street with its shops, restaurants and museums.
• Mezzanine double bedroom
• Shower / toilet on landing level
• Large open plan lounge with satellite TV
• Fully equipped kitchen with seated bar / eating area
• Private courtyard with braai facilities
• Lovely shady garden and sunny lawn with access to pool at manor house
WITTEDRIFT MANOR HOUSE at 5 Church street:
Built to impress, this fully equipped self-catering Cape Dutch mansion is unashamedly grand and is situated in Tulbagh's Church Street, sleeping up to twelve in three double family suites.
The house retains all of the beauty of grand Cape Dutch living, by flaunting yellowwood interiors and antique Cape furniture throughout. All the rooms are tastefully decorated in country colonial style. Centrally located in historic Church Street with its shops, restaurants and museums.
• Sleeps 12 in three large family suites consisting of large King room with a separate twin room and private bathroom
• Banqueting hall to seat 12
• Large comfortable lounge, living area
• Large, fully equipped eat in kitchen
• Front and back gardens & large swimming pool
• Extra five single beds available for very large groups
YELLOW WOOD HOUSE (sleeps 2-5):
For those who appreciate beautiful things, this delightful Cape Dutch house, built in the 1780s is in pristine original condition with yellowwood floors and ceilings throughout. Thoughtfully appointed with antiques and artwork, it has lots of character and makes for a very special stay. Surprisingly large and spacious, the house sleeps five, perfect for a family or two couples. Centrally located in historic Church Street with its shops, restaurants and museums.
• Two spacious master bed rooms with queen 4-poster beds and extra single bed
• Modern full bathroom with separate shower
• Attractive dining room with table for 4-6
• Large lounge with comfortable over size sofas and full satellite TV channels
• Attractive country kitchen, fully equipped for self catering and longer stays
• Private garden courtyard with covered lapa and outside braai and dining area
THE VICTORIAN HOUSE (sleeps 6-8):
Large, spacious and centrally located in historic Church Street with its shops, restaurants and museums. This extraordinary 200 year old gem has three large bedrooms (double, double twin) and one full bathroom as well as a large open plan lounge/dining room, kitchen and scullery.
Located directly in-front of Tulbagh Country Guest House, and alongside Paddagang restaurant, The Victorian will enchant all who set eyes on her. Every room in the house is abundantly decorated with opulent European antiques and original artwork to create an old world Victorian charm which the property exudes; it has lots of character and makes for a very special stay.
For those who appreciate beautiful things, this delightful house will be sure to impress. Built in 1814 in the Cape Dutch style, the house was converted into its current Victorian appearance in 1880. The house received minor restoration after the earthquake of 1969 and is now in pristine condition with old Oregon pine floors and original wide yellowwood ceilings throughout.
• Three stunning bedrooms, main bed with a four poster bed, second with a queen bed and third with two singles
• Lounge with piano, flat screen TV and comfortable over size sofas
• Kitchen features large double fridge and freezer, gas hob and oven, microwave, toaster and kettle. Full sets of guest crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans and standard kitchen equipment
• Garden is a private and tranquil paradise with enormous antique oak trees and large swimming pool
• Front and back verandahs
THE VICTORIAN COACH HOUSE (sleeps 2):
This luxury en-suite cottage is sold separately and in addition to the main Victorian house and makes a perfect honeymoon suite.
If booked together with The Victorian House then these guests may of course use the main garden and pool. However if booked separately, these guests should use the pool across the road at Tulbagh Country Guest House.
• Queen bed, full deluxe bathroom and wet-room
• Comfy living area and a kitchenette
• Private courtyards and garden
Tulbagh is 120km north west of Cape Town, hidden within the beautiful Breede River Valley, below the peak of the Groot Winterhoek Mountain, the start of the mighty Cedarburg range. Tulbagh is in the Cape Winelands and has its very own wine route - The Tulbagh Wine Route.