Nelson Mandela Stadium
Port Elizabeth has a brand new world-class stadium - the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. The five-tier Nelson Mandela Bay stadium has a seating capacity of 46,000 with an additional 4000 temporary seats available for the 2010 World Cup.
Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium cost around R2.1 billion to build. The eye-catching roof was specially designed to withstand Port Elizabeth's notoriously high wind speeds, and the stadium is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and two huge viewing screens. The Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth is located two kilometres from the coast, close to the N2 highway and no more than fifteen minutes drive from Port Elizabeth hotels making it convenient for the players and officials.
Key Matches and Dates:
• Saturday, 26 June 2010 - Round of 16 - Uruguay vs Korea Republic - Result: 2-1
• Friday, 2 July 2010 - Netherlands vs Brazil - Result: 2-1
• Saturday, 10 July 2010 - Third-Place Playoff - Uruguay vs Germany - Result: 2-3
First Round Matches and Dates:
• Saturday 12 June 2010 - Korea Republic vs Greece - Result: 2-0
• Tuesday 15 June 2010 - Ivory Coast vs Portugal - Result: 0-0
• Friday 18 June 2010 - Germany vs Serbia - Result: 0-1
• Monday 21 June 2010 - Chile vs Switzerland - Result: 1-0
• Wednesday 23 June 2010 - Slovenia vs England - Result: 0-1
Accommodation in Port Elizabeth and near Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium:
Find Accommodation in the Eastern Cape for the 2010 World Cup by using our map designed to show distances in kilometres from the Nelsaon Mandela Bay Stadium to towns within a 25km, 50km, 75km and 100km radius. See: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium Accommodation.
On Holiday in Port Elizabeth
• Port Elizabeth Attractions
• Port Elizabeth Things to Do
• Port Elizabeth Accommodation
• Port Elizabeth Hotels
• Port Elizabeth Guest Houses
• Port Elizabeth Bed & Breakfast
• Port Elizabeth Self Catering
• Port Elizabeth Holiday Apartments
• Port Elizabeth Family-friendly
• Eastern Cape Accommodation
• Eastern Cape Hotels
Visiting South Africa?
See Things To Do in South Africa to view hundreds of outdoor activities, arts and crafts, wildlife and cultural activities, extreme sports and many more categories or check out South Africa Events to see what festivals and events are taking place during your visit to South Africa.
24 hour reception and other
facilities only available at hotels?