Ellis Park Stadium
Ellis Park Stadium is a major football venue in South Africa. Ellis Park Stadium will is a semi-final venue for the 2010 South Africa World Cup. The Stadium underwent major renovations to fullfill all the FIFA™ requirements. New upper tiers were added behind each goal, adding an extra 10 000 seats and bringing the seating capacity to the required 70 000. Ellis Park stadium has a special place in South Africans' hearts after the 1995 Rugby World Cup final, when South Africa beat New Zealand during extra time in what was one of the most thrilling rugby matches ever!
Key Matches and Dates:
• Monday, 28 June 2010 - Round of 16 - Brazil vs Chile - Result: 3-0
• Saturday, 3 July 2010 - Quarter Final - Paraguay vs Spain - Result: 0-1
First Round Matches at Ellis Park Stadium:
• Saturday 12 June 2010 - Argentina vs Nigeria - Result: 1-0
• Tuesday 15 June 2010 - Brazil vs Korea DPR - Result: 2-1
• Friday 18 June 2010 - Slovenia vs USA - Result: 2-2
• Monday 21 June 2010 - Spain vs Honduras - Result: 2-0
• Thursday 24 June 2010 - Slovakia vs Italy - Result: 3-2
Distances to Ellis Park Stadium from:
OR Tambo International Airport: 21km
Laico Isle, Sandton: 15km
Maponya Mall, Soweto: 22km
Accommodation in Johannesburg and near Ellis Stadium
Find Accommodation in Johannesburg for the 2010 World Cup by using our map designed to show distances in kilometres from Ellis Park to towns and suburbs within a 5km, 10km, 15km, 20km, 25km and 30km radius to the Stadium. See: Ellis Park Stadium Accommodation
On Holiday in Johannesburg
• Johannesburg Attractions
• Johannesburg Things to Do
• Johannesburg Accommodation
• Johannesburg Hotels
• Johannesburg Guest Houses
• Johannesburg Bed & Breakfast
• Johannesburg Self Catering
• Johannesburg Holiday Apartments
• Johannesburg Family-friendly
• Gauteng Accommodation
• Gauteng Hotels
Visiting South Africa?
See Things To Do in South Africa to view hundreds of outdoor activities, arts and crafts, wildlife and cultural activities, extreme sports and many more categories or check out South Africa Events to see what festivals and events are taking place during your visit to South Africa.
24 hour reception and other
facilities only available at hotels?