About Yellowwood Cottage
Yellowwood Cottage provides a relaxed and comfortable environment with facilities in which guests are reassured that their needs will be met and with tariffs which translate to excellent value for money.
In the picturesque village of Himeville, only five kilometres from the town of Underberg on the Sani Pass road in the Southern Drakensberg of KwaZulu Natal, you will find Yellowwood Cottage, situated in a large, peaceful garden with beautiful views of Hodgson’s Peaks.
You will feel at home in one of our four rooms, each with its own bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities. All rooms have their own entrance and are heated with panel heaters. There are family room options, double rooms and twin accommodation. There are a total of four rooms which can accommodate eight adults with accompanying children and a special rate is available should you wish to book all of the rooms. DStv is communally available to some of the rooms.
A well equipped kitchen with large fridge/ freezer, a separate dining area and adjoining guest lounge with a cosy fireplace and DStv make for a comfortable stay.
Breakfast and Dining
We offer scrumptious home cooking with a full English or Continental breakfast available for the Bed & Breakfast guests. Meals can be served either in the dining area or outdoors under the trees. There are braai facilities and lunch and dinner is served on request. Delicious frozen meals and picnic hampers are also available on request.
Attractions and Activities
Whether you come in the winter months with the chance of snow or in the warm summer months there is plenty on offer to keep you busy.
Within walking distance from Yellowwood Cottage are:
• Himeville Nature Reserve with two dams, birding, bass fishing and picnic spot
• Himeville Museum - reputed to be one of the best rural museums in South Africa.
• Himeville Arms with its' legendary Pub
• The Amur Falcon Roost
• The Himeville Tennis Club with the courts being positioned behind the local dam where you can try for bass or take a walk.
Nearby Activities include?
• Trips up the Sani Pass with its' dramatic scenery and the highest pub in Africa at 2872 metres (passports needed)
• Birding - One of the worlds' greatest birding spots, high altitude specials include Bearded Vulture (Lammergeier), Cape Vulture, Drakensberg Rock Jumper, Ground Woodpecker and many more
• Hiking trails with stunning mountain views along rivers, indigenous forests, grasslands, caves with San Rock paintings
• Mountain biking, quad biking, tubing and river rafting
• Arts, crafts, curios, galleries, a cheesery, farm stalls, tea gardens and restaurants
• Fishing equipment, mountain bikes, tubes, etc., can all be hired.