Royal Bafokeng Stadium
The Royal Bafokeng Stadium will host first and second round matches for the FIFA™ World Cup in 2010. Located in Rustenburg in the North West Province, Royal Bafokeng was opened in 1999 and completely funded by the Royal Bafokeng community. (An administrative entity presiding over the world's richest platinum mines).
The capacity of the Royal Bafokeng was increased to 42 44,000 with the construction of two additional rows of seating on the second level. New electronic scoreboards, floodlights and a new public address system completed the requirements for it to host the first and second round matches of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa
Matches and Dates:
• Saturday, 12 June 2010 - England vs USA - Result: 1-1
• Tuesday, 15 June 2010 - New Zealand vs Slovenia - Result: 1-1
• Saturday, 19 June 2010 - Ghana vs Australia - Result: 1-1
• Tuesday, 22 June 2010 - Mexico vs Uruguay - Result: 0-1
• Thursday, 24 June 2010 - Denmark vs Japan - Result: 1-3
• Saturday, 26 June 2010 - Round of 16 - USA vs Ghana - Result: 1-2
Accommodation in Rustenburg and near Royal Bafokeng Stadium:
Find Accommodation in Rustenburg for the 2010 World Cup by using our map designed to show distances in kilometres from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium to towns within a 10km, 20km, 30km and 40km radius to the Stadium. See: Royal Bafokeng Stadium Accommodation. .
On Holiday in Rustenburg
• Rustenburg Attractions
• Rustenburg Accommodation
• Rustenburg Hotels
• Rustenburg Guest Houses
• Rustenburg Bed & Breakfast
• Rustenburg Self Catering
• Rustenburg Holiday Apartments
• Rustenburg Family-friendly
• North West Province Accommodation
• North West Province Hotels
Visiting South Africa?
See Things To Do in South Africa to view hundreds of outdoor activities, arts and crafts, wildlife and cultural activities, extreme sports and many more categories or check out South Africa Events to see what festivals and events are taking place during your visit to South Africa.
24 hour reception and other
facilities only available at hotels?