About Maduma Boma Game Conservancy
The sun rises over your thatched chalet in a secluded part of the bush. An early morning game walk brings you face to face with the Giraffe, Impala, Wildebeest and many other species of magnificent African animals.
Maduma Boma - “The Best Kept Secret in the Bushveld”
Sit quietly at one of the many hides and dams situated on the farm and watch the abundant bird life busy with their daily routine. Lunch is spent around your own private swimming pool, swimming and soaking up the sun, while a mother warthog and her kids visit you for tea.
At dusk, the Drakensberg Mountains are awash with red - sundowners defined. In the evening, you enjoy a 'bushveld braai'. You spend the evening around the fire, relaying the days stories. After the sun goes down, the night comes alive. The lonely call of the Hyena, the bark of the hungry Jackal and the Owl's hoot and the piercing call of the Night Jar. This is the time to sit and stare at the southern night sky, and then you realise that this has to be God's own country.
A-Frames: GIRAFFE, SQUIRREL and HONGONI
Double story cottages accommodating 4 to 6 people
Rondawels: ELAND, PEEVA, KUDU and DIK DIK
Two adjoining rondawels which accommodate up to 6 persons.
Eland can accommodate 8 to 10 people.
Cottages: MALA and NYALA
Cottages with separate bedrooms accommodating 4 to 8 people
This new communal concept will be complete in July 2009. 3 Squaredawels, 1 is a kitchen and sitting area and the other two are sleeping quarters with ablutions. Each room sleeps 5 - 6 people.
• Self catering chalet accommodation
• Each chalet has its own private swimming pool
• Full serviced daily
• Next to the Kruger National Park
• Next to the Cheetah Project
• Near the Hoedspruit Airport
• Near Blyde River Canyon and other scenic landmarks
• Superb bird life
• Superb fauna and flora
ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
• The Kruger National park, Orpen Gate is only a 30 minute drive away.
• A magnificent days outing over the Drakensberg Mountain's driving in a circular route via Graskop, Sabie, Blyde Canyon, God's Window and the historical town of Pilgrims Rest, is a must.
• Lots of other attractions nearby include the Cheetah Breeding Project, the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre, Klaserie Dam and the Blyde Rivierspoort Resort.
• The nearest town - Hoedspruit is only 25 kms away.
DISTANCES BY ROAD
490 km to Johannesburg
25 km to Hoedspruit Airport
95 km to Phalaborwa Airport
130 km to Nelspruit Airport
55 km to the Kruger National Park