About Khumbula Hoedspruit
Khumbula (meaning 'a place to remember' in Shangaan) combines 21st Century luxury with old-fashioned style.
Situated in a private wildlife estate, close to the small town of Hoedspruit and a stones throw from the Kruger National Park, Khumbula embraces a colonial architectural style, with subtle colour schemes, antique style furniture and a crystal clear pool. Designed as a beautiful home-style retreat, the lounge is furnished with sumptuous leather sofas and an open fire for those cold winter nights. The main deck provides the perfect place for enjoying sundowners after the adventures of the day.
Our aim is to provide guests with an African Bush experience that will make your stay truly memorable, but also to provide the creature comforts of home.
Khumbula provides the ultimate in self-catering luxury. Our well equipped accommodation sleeps up to six guests and has a choice of three well appointed bedrooms. The open plan lounge, dining area and kitchen overlooks the main deck, which has its own pool overlooking the bushveld, and a built-in braai and bar area. The deck is the perfect place for enjoying sundowners, whilst soaking up the sights and sounds of the African bush.
• Accommodation for up to 6 people
• 1 King bedded room with luxurious Victorian style en-suite bathroom. Roll-top bathtub, separate large shower, double basin unit, WC and an additional outdoor shower for an invigorating start to the day. Private deck and direct access to the main deck and pool
• 1 Queen bedded room with private deck
• 1 Twin bedded room with private deck
• 1 Bathroom with large bathtub overlooking the bushveld, separate shower, basin & WC
• Linen & towels provided
• Lounge / Dining Room with leather sofas, open fire place & dining table
• Kitchen - Open plan with breakfast bar, oven & hob, toaster, electric kettle, cutlery, crockery, fridge / freezer & bar fridge
• Utility Room - Sink, microwave, dishwasher & washing machine. Iron and ironing board available on request
• Sun Deck overlooking the Bushveld with pool, built-in braai, bar & bar fridge
• Mosquito meshes on doors and windows, and mosquito nets shrouding the beds provide extra reassurance
• Car Port
South Africa has an abundance of wildlife and Khumbula is no exception. The reserve is home to non-dangerous game, such as giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and various antelope species, so game-viewing experiences could happen at any time during your stay.
Whether you are taking a quiet dip in the pool, or enjoying sundowners by the bar, giraffe, antelope and many more exciting animals are regular visitors to our house.
Designated walking trails are also available to those who prefer to explore on foot.
At night, soak up the sounds of the African Bush......the cry of a jackal, a distant roar of a lion, the gentle hooting of an owl.....a truly memorable experience!
For those in search of the 'Big 5', Khumbula is within easy reach of the Kruger National Park and many more game reserves, which offer game viewing opportunities and activities.
Khumbula is central to some of the leading attractions in the area. With the Kruger National Park only a stones throw away, and many other Big 5 Game Reserves close by, there are plenty of game viewing opportunities available to you. Alternatively, you may prefer something more cultural such as a visit to a traditional tribal village, or exploring the natural wonders of the area such as the Blyde River Canyon, Bourkes Luck Potholes or even Pilgrims Rest.