South Africa Pet Friendly Directory
Travelling in South Africa with your pet? Those of us that consider our pets as part of the family, like to take them with us when travelling. SA-Venues.com is pleased to present a pet-friendly accommodation directory for people and their pets travelling in and to South Africa. Find accommodation (from comfortable to luxury) in South Africa, where pets are welcome to accompany the holiday maker.
• Prior arrangement is essential.
• Contact the establishment to confirm pet types and sizes allowed.
South Africa Pet FriendlyTips for travelling with your pet
- Schedule a visit to to the vet to ensure overall health.
- Make sure your pet's identification tags are up-to-date and readable.
- Remember to pack water to prevent dehydration.
- Pack all medications and supplements to avoid missed doses.
- Pack a first aid kit in the event of an injury or medical emergency.
- Exercise your pet prior to departure. A tired pet is much more amenable to travel.
- Feed your pet at least four hours prior to departure to prevent car sickness.
- Use a travel remedy, if necessary if your pet is anxious about travel.
Ask your vet for the correct calming remedy for your pet.
- Trim your pets toenails to prevent snags and injury, especially if your pet will be confined to a cage or crate while travelling.
South Africa Pet FriendlyInternational travel
Before making any transport arrangements, you must make sure that all applicable documentation, such as possible import licences have been obtained. Vaccinations or health and quarantine requirements must also be met.
The following are required for bringing your pet into South Africa from overseas:
- Rabies / Health Certificate Requirements:
Vaccination certificate between 60 days and 1 year. Health Certificate must be current.
Not required for cats.
A 2 week quarantine may be required for dogs from some countries.
- Import Permit: