Map showing The Farmhouse Hotel
Directions to The Farmhouse Hotel
From Cape Town International Airport
• Exit airport and take the N2 direction Cape Town.
• Take the off-ramp N7/Vanguard Drive/Casino (Exit 14), direction Malmesbury.
• Vanguard Drive becomes the N7. Continue straight.
• After 26km, turn off left onto the M19 to Melkbosstrand
• After 8km, at the intersection (traffic lights), turn right onto R27 North, direction Velddrif.
• Continue north on the R27 for about 92km. On this stretch of road you will pass the Yzerfontein and Darling intersection and eventually see a signpost for the West Coast National Park.
• Continue for a further 15 minutes until you see the West Coast 1-Stop (Engen Petrol Station) and the signs for the town of Langebaan. At this intersection you must turn left off the R27. Continue for 10km when you will enter the town (in Oostewal Road).
• Once in town, continue straight along Oostewal road (for approx 4 kms), following the signboards.
• Turn left into Sunbird Road and then immediately right into Egret Street.
• The Hotel is the first building on the right.
Alternative scenic route
For those with an adventurous spirit we can advise a scenic route to The Farmhouse Hotel. This route will take you through the culturally rich town of Darling, to the hidden gems in the West Coast National Park.
Pass through Milnerton and take the Blouberg turn off. Follow the road to Melkbosstrand. Exit Melkbosstrand onto the R27 and carry on North, direction Velddrif.
Then take the Atlantis turn off and carry on through to Mamre. In the flower season you will be treated to beautiful displays of flowers in these farming areas.
You will then arrive in Darling, the home to our most treasured comedic icon, Pieter Dirk Uys, who impersonates a fictitious female character, Evita Bezuidenhoudt, in his very own theatre. Darling attracts artists, poets, actors, restauranteurs, designers and many more eccentric characters. We advise having lunch here and then moving back onto the R27 road on the coast towards Langebaan.
After 6km’s, take the West Coast National Park turn off and delight in the natural scenery. Stop off at the historical Geelbek restaurant, and enjoy tea at the restaurant.
From the exit of the West Coast National Park, The Farmhouse Hotel is located just after the “Langebaan Gate.”