About Quinlands Farm Cottages
Get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Quinlands Farm Cottages are situated on a peaceful farm in Buffeljagsrivier - 11kms outside Swellendam, the third oldest town in South Africa.
The farm is midway between Cape Town and George, on a tarred road less than 2kms from the N2 with a beautiful view of the Langeberg Mountains and the surrounding farmlands.
Self Catering accommodation
We have three comfortable self-catering one-bedroom cottages, two of which are alongside a dam. The cottages sleep two privately and there are bed/s in the lounge. There are over 80ha in which to walk, jog or cycle however we do not allow quad bikes please. Pets are allowed by arrangement but in view of wild game, animals are to be kept under strict control at all times.
The rooms are equipped with fans. The cottages have a fridge, stove and microwave. DStv is also provided. There is a built-in braai on the verandah. Wireless internet access is available.
The farm has springbok, rhebok and steenbok, scrub hare, dassies and water mongoose. There are numerous bird species including fish eagle, Stanley’s bustard, secretary birds and our beautiful national bird, the blue crane.
Things to do
• Visit the historic mission village of Suurbraak
• Enjoy water sports on the Buffeljags Dam
• Cross the Breede River at Malgas on the hand drawn pontoon
• See the rare bontebok at the Bontebok National Park
• Experience the sea and sand dunes of De Hoop Nature Reserve
• Immerse yourself in the history of Swellendam at the Drostdy Museum. The town was established in 1745