About Port Wine Guest House
Port Wine Guest House is a stylish 1830s homestead centrally situated in Calitzdorp, the heart of the port capital of South Africa. The guest house is situated overlooking port vineyards and is within walking distance of all the wineries, galleries, shops and the museum in town.
The thatched homestead boasts Karoo and Victorian architecture and has large vine-covered patios, where you can enjoy the Karoo sunsets, scrumptious dinners and breakfasts. Relax in the garden, admire the fragrant rose garden or have a dip in the sparkling pool.
We have nine rooms in total; five en-suite double rooms and four en-suite twin rooms. Of the four twin rooms, one is wheelchair friendly with a roll-in shower. Rooms are furnished with four poster beds and are equipped with ceiling fans, heaters, hairdryers and tea / coffee making facilities.
• Complimentary port wine
• Lounge and dining area with fire place
• Restaurant (fully licensed and open to public)
• Secure off-road parking
Activities and Attractions
• Wine and port tasting
• Go for a walk in the vineyards
• Walk through the town and enjoy its historical architecture
• Have a light lunch at Die Handelshuis
• Walk through the Hennie Cloete Veldtuin and discover the magical world of the succulent Karoo
• Pick your own apricots or grapes at De Krans (during November and December respectively)
• Visit Ebenhardts to buy a handmade pipe