About La Dolce Vita 1
Ever wanted to live the sweet life? In Italian, it's called La Dolce Vita. Come to St Lucia and find out what the "sweet life" is all about. Watch an African sunrise or a sunset, take a game drive, catch a fish, enjoy the sun, swim in our warm Indian Ocean and spent time with good friends or family around a barbeque fire - a truly South African holiday! What else could you call this but La Dolce Vita?
St Lucia offer a hosts of activities and adventures, but still holds all the magic that a seaside holiday destination should. Visiting this unique area will be an unforgettable experience!
Make our La Dolce Vita your home away from home. This is the perfect accommodation option for families or a group of friends visiting the area and visitors who want to stay for long durations. At the end of your day, come home to the luxury of La Dolce Vita.
With no accommodation on the beach front (as there is about a 2km greenbelt that separates the town from the beach) La Dolce Vita No 1 is situated in Beach Road, on the way to the beach, in the quiet residential area of St. Lucia, within walking distance of all the shops, restaurants, the beach and the estuary mouth - we are bordering a green belt across the road from our cottage.
The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an outside garden-shower: Spacious main bedroom with sunny bay-window overlooking the private garden. En-suite bathroom with toilet, basin, bath and shower. The second bedroom has 2 single beds. The third bedroom is a spacious room that sleep 4 guests in 1 double bed, and a stack bed. Bed-linen is supplied - bring your own beach-towels (bath towels on request). All the beds have duvets. There is a small lock-up safe in main bedroom and a second bathroom in the passage with toilet, basin, bath and shower.
The kitchen is fully equipped and open-plan and offers the following: Under counter stove with oven, hob and extractor fan, Fridge /freezer, 210 L Chest-deepfreeze. Microwave, Toaster, kettle and cutlery and crockery to serve 10 people.
• This spacious cottage sleeps 2 - 8 guests.
• We will meet and greet on arrival.
• Private lapa / braai area with a built-in barbeque fire (braai)
• Spacious open-plan dining and lounge area
• Full DSTV - no need to bring your own card, DVD Player, Radio/CD player.
• Second under-roof patio in your private garden.
• 2 new Air-Conditioners + All the rooms have ceiling fans for the summer.
• Double lock-up garage, high enough for Land Rover 4X4 with roof rack.
• In the garage is a freezer for bait and a rack to put your fishing rods
• The unit is serviced daily except Sundays and pubic holidays.
• Laundry service on request.
• Secure, fenced in swimming pool.
• Our own fish cleaning facility.
• Within a secure complex with remote controlled access.
• The house is fitted with a burglar alarm linked to an armed response company.
• No Smoking Inside please - Smoking is only allowed on patios and outside.
Attractions & Activities
Big 5 Safari at Hluhluwe / Umfolozi Game Reserve an hour's drive away. Hippo and Croc Boat Cruises - 2 Hour Trip on Estuary. Walking Trails.-Self guided and guided. View the crocodiles and hippos from the Ski Boat Club while having sundowners. Cape Vidal - drive for 29 km (tarred road) through a Game Park and you will find the beautiful coastal resort, Cape Vidal. A gorgeous stretch of beach where one can sun bath, swim and snorkel in the warm Indian Ocean. Golf: Monzi Golf Course- 9 holes / 16km from St Lucia. Wale watching, Midnight Turtle tours (November to March), Guided Hiking Trails, Kayaking and canoeing, Horse rides into Eastern Shores. Zulu Cultural Experience at Duma-Zulu Kraal.
Distances from St Lucia
• Cape Vidal, the best snorkeling venues on the coast, 25 km north of St Lucia
• Mtubatuba (27km)
• The Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve featuring the 'Big 5' is 57Km away
• Richards Bay Airport (78km)
• Durban (252km) St. Lucia is approximately three hours' drive from Durban
• Johannesburg / Pretoria (620km) St. Lucia is approximately six hours from Johannesburg.
• Kruger National Park (700km)
• Swaziland Border (185km)