Welcome to Hoopoe Haven Guest House on SA-Venues.com, offering 3 star graded accommodation in Chartwell, Sandton.
Hoopoe Haven is positioned on 2 acres of landscaped gardens in the countryside with horse trails around and a beautiful view of the Magaliesberg Mountains. Hoopoe Haven is a place to relax and unwind in the peace and quiet of the countryside.
One can watch the magnificent birdlife, (over 50 different bird species have been spotted here, including guinea fowl, plovers, hoopoes, barbets and shrikes to name a few) while you have a sundowner or a braai on the patio or a cooling swim in our crystal clear pool, with a beautiful sunset in the background. If you decide to stay up late on a clear evening you may even be lucky enough to hear the roar of the lions from the lion park. Our latest addition is a state of the art communal braai area. It is absolutely magnificent.
The guest house is a beautiful brand new thatch house with luxurious finishing’s including sandstone tiles, cherrywood cupboards, granite counter tops and quality furniture, designed for comfortable living. We have three en-suite rooms with either a queen or twin beds, one double room and a single room with a private bathroom There are three well equipped self-catering 4-5 sleeper cottages (two of which can be joined as one 8-11 sleeper unit. We also have a one-bed-roomed family garden cottage ( two adult + two children family unit) and a smaller two sleeper cottage. All main bedrooms are air-conditioned (except the guinea fowl cottage and masked weaver room). There is a fridge and safe in each main bedroom.
A Full English breakfast is served in a delightful dining area.
We want you to view this house as your home away from home. With all these luxuries one would expect to pay the earth, but the rates at Hoopoe Haven are extremely affordable.
Hoopoe Haven goes one step further towards giving you a wide variety of accommodation offerings. We have jumped on the bandwagon of a new concept called Glamping - "GLAMorous camPING” and have recently completed our very first luxury tent. However, this is not just any tent - it combines the luxury you would expect from Hoopoe Haven with the atmosphere of being outdoors, sleeping in a tent and enjoying the spectacular afternoon sunsets and evening stars while sipping on sundowners or enjoying your braai. It is Hoopoe Haven in a tent! The tent – The Spotted Dikkop by name, has the following to offer you:
• Built under a large thatch Lapa so that you get maximum protection from the elements
• Tiled bathroom with both shower and bath (hot and cold water)
• Carpeted 3 sleeper bedroom (5.2M X 3.5M) plus optional sleeper ottoman which converts to a bed for an additional child.
• Carpeted lounge with TV (piped satellite)
• Outside fully equipped kitchen including gas stove
• Spectacular braai area looking out onto a secluded expanse of lawn and landscaped gardens.
Be the first to experience and enjoy a holiday where wild meets refined.
• A comfortable lounge with DSTV (full bouquet with dual view, piped to the all the rooms and cottages)
• Upstairs balcony and braai entertainment area with a lovely view of the surrounding countryside and the magnificent sunsets
• Spacious entertainment and games room upstairs with snooker and darts and games to socialize with family and guests
• A large fully-equipped kitchen is available for your use after breakfast
• A full English breakfast is provided for the lodge rooms
• A crystal clear fenced swimming pool
• All rooms are fully serviced
• Laundry can be provided at extra cost
Fish Eagle en-suite room:
This is our best accommodation. it is a large luxury air-conditioned double guest room with a spa bath. a third bed can be added. it has its own entrance with a trellidor security gate
Martial Eagle en-suite room:
A large luxury air-conditioned double room with a queen bed and a large bathroom.
Hoopoe en-suite room:
This is a large luxury air-conditioned double room with an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. a third bed can be added. it has its own entrance from a private courtyard The hoopoe room is dog friendly as it has a separate secure garden outside with sole access from the room.
The Kingfisher (air-conditioned double) and masked weaver (single) family rooms:
These 2 rooms are let as 1 unit. They have a private bathroom (not en-suite) where you have the keys to it, so no-one else can use it unless you let them. The bathroom is a very large luxurious bathroom with a bath and huge shower directly opposite the Kingfisher door. You may book it as a single occupancy, as 1 room with a king bed sharing or 2 single rooms or a double room plus a single room. The Kingfisher is a double air-conditioned room downstairs next to the bathroom and the Masked Weaver is a lovely little room upstairs next to the outside balcony
The three two-bedroomed cottages in the lodge grounds are absolutely magnificent and ideal for large families or groups from four to 15 guests.
Guinea Fowl 4-5 sleeper self-catering cottage:
A lovely two-bedroomed self-catering thatch cottage, which sleeps up to five guests. The downstairs area of the cottage consists of the main bedroom with either a king bed or twin beds, a comfortable lounge with TV and DSTV feed from the lodge and a DVD player, a spacious dining room, a bathroom which conforms to our normal luxurious standards and a fully equipped kitchen. Upstairs is a spacious loft with up to three single beds or a king bed. It is next to the swimming pool.
Bokmakerie and Piet-my-vrou:
Back-to-back self-catering cottages (4-6 sleeper). These cottages are identical and have an inter-leading door which can effectively turn them into one 10 sleeper cottage
they each have:
• Downstairs: a double air-conditioned bedroom with either two single or one king bed, a large bathroom with separate toilet, an open plan dining area and fully equipped kitchen and couch
• Upstairs: an open plan TV lounge and 2-3 sleeper dormitory
The cottages are 20 metres away from the pool and braai area and 30 metres from the lodge where you have snooker and darts. An internet network for email usage is accessible in the cottage.
The Spotted Dikkop Luxury Tented Camp
This is not just a tent but it is a fully equipped cottage inside a tent. The 9.7M X 3.5M tent is hung under a 13M X 5.5M thatched Lapa so it is protected from the elements.
Just check out the features:
Under the tent
• Full tiled bathroom with both shower and bath (hot and cold water)
• Carpeted 5.2M X 3.5M bedroom with 3 beds plus a sleeper ottoman which convert to a bed for a child if required
• Carpeted lounge with TV (piped satellite), fridge lounge suite etc
And then in the patio, under the thatch, we have the fully equipped kitchen and dining area with a gas oven.
All this looks out onto a really great Braai area and a secluded expanse of 800sqm of lawn plus landscaped gardens and jungle gym.
NEXT DOOR COTTAGES
These cottages are on the same original plot but are not on the lodge grounds.
Dove Family Garden Cottage
This is a lovely cottage on our premises, right next door to the lodge. It is absolutely ideal for the family unit, consisting of two adults plus two children. It consists of:
• A large air-conditioned double bedroom with a queen bed
• An en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower
• A large fully equipped kitchen with everything you may need to cook with.
• The open plan area consists of
• Two huge gum pole bunk beds for the children
• A dining area
• A lounge with full tv coverage of Mnet, TV 1, 2, 3, etv and piped Dstv satellite and dvd player
• It is fully secure with trellidoor gates and panic alarm as well as electrified fence and electronic gates around the premises
The cottage has its own 1000 sq metre garden with garden furniture for you to relax on while you braai your food and your kids play hide and seek in the garden. It is pet friendly (dogs only) as the garden is quite secure.
Swallows Nest Cottage
This is a lovely compact one bedroom cottage on our daughter Tracey’s plot at the back of the lodge. It is absolutely ideal for the couple who want their own privacy and is very cost effective.
It consists of:
• A double bedroom with a queen or 2 single beds
• A small bathroom with a shower only
The open plan area consists of:
• A fully equipped kitchen with everything you may need to cook with.
• A lounge with tv coverage of SABC 1,2,3, etv and DVD player
• It is fully secure with trellidoor gates and panic alarm as well as an extra electrified fence and electronic gates around the premises.
Access is via a servitude through the lodge. The cottage is on a 1.5 acre plot with garden furniture for you to relax on while you braai your food and your kids play hide and seek in the garden. It is pet friendly (dogs only) but only on agreement with Tracey. The view is magnificent, much better than the lodge as it is higher.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)