Free State Stadium
Situated only a few minutes drive from hotels in Bloemfontein, the Free State Stadium is a dedicated sporting environment with ample parking and excellent corporate hospitality. The Free State Stadium hosted 5 first-round matches and 1 second-round match of the 2010 World Cup.
Key Matches and Dates:
• Saturday, 26 June 2010 - Round of 16 - Germany vs England: Result: 4-1
First Round Matches and Dates:
• Monday, 14 June 2010 - Japan vs Camernoon: Result: 1-0
• Thursday, 17 June 2010 - Greece vs Nigeria: Result: 2-1
• Sunday, 20 June 2010 - Slovakia vs Paraguy: Result: 0-2
• Tuesday, 22 June 2010 - France vs South Africa: Result: 1-2
• Friday, 25 June 2010 - Switzerland vs Honduras: Result: 0-0
For the 2010 World Cup, a second tier was added to the main grandstand, which increased the seating capacity to 48,000. New turnstiles were erected, the floodlights upgraded, electronic scoreboards installed and the sound system was revamped. The Free State Stadium has been ear-marked for 1st and 2nd Round Matches for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Accommodation in Bloemfontein and near Free State Stadium:
Find Accommodation in the Free State for the 2010 World Cup by using our Free State map designed to show distances in kilometres from the Free State Stadium to towns within a 40km, 80km, 120km and 160km radius. See: Free State Stadium Accommodation
On Holiday in Bloemfontein
• Bloemfontein Attractions
• Bloemfontein Things to Do
• Bloemfontein Accommodation
• Bloemfontein Hotels
• Bloemfontein Guest Houses
• Bloemfontein Bed & Breakfast
• Bloemfontein Self Catering
• Bloemfontein Holiday Apartments
• Bloemfontein Family-friendly
• Free State Accommodation
• Free State Hotels
Visiting South Africa?
See Things To Do in South Africa to view hundreds of outdoor activities, arts and crafts, wildlife and cultural activities, extreme sports and many more categories or check out South Africa Events to see what festivals and events are taking place during your visit to South Africa.
24 hour reception and other
facilities only available at hotels?