About The Lookout at Whale Cove
The Lookout at Whale Cove is a beautifully appointed three bedroomed self-catering apartment situated directly on the seafront, with magnificent sea views across Walker Bay.
Self Catering ACCOMMODATION
• Lounge / dining room
• Additional TV nook off the main lounge
• Open-plan kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and stove. The kitchen is fully-stocked with everything either the casual, or gourmet, cook will require
• Three bedrooms (main-en-suite bathroom with a shower). The main bedroom has a magnificent sea view
The three bedrooms have the following bed configurations:
• The main bedroom has an extra-length king-size bed
• The second bedroom has a queen-size bed
• The third bedroom has two three-quarter beds
Services and Facilities
• Second bathroom (with bath and toilet)
• Additional guest toilet
• Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet covers throughout
• Electric blankets, and wall heaters, if needed in winter
• Towels and swimming towels are provided
• Soap, toilet paper and cleaning materials are provided
• Built-in cupboards in all the bedrooms
• Largest balcony in the complex with loungers, gas barbecue and outside dining for six people – and the best view in De Kelders!
• DSTV Compact bouquet/DVD player/Hi-fi
• Serviced daily, if required, at an extra charge
• Laundry service available at an extra charge
• Hair dryer
• Smoking is not permitted in the apartment
• Parking in the apartment complex
We are situated on the seafront with at least seven beautiful white-sand, swimming beaches either within walking distance of the apartment, or a short drive away.
In season an abundance of whales can be enjoyed from the apartment’s balcony.
SHARK CAGE DIVING AND MARINE LIFE BOAT TOURS:
Gansbaai, situated 3kms from De Kelders, is known as the Great White shark capital of the world. There are many reputable shark cage operators in Gansbaai. For the less adventurous there are boat trips where you can view whales in season, sharks, penguins, seals and other marine life.
The 7km Klipgat trail runs along the coast between Gansbaai and De Kelders, passing on the cliffs directly in front of the apartment. In addition there are several hiking trails along the coast and in the nearby mountains.
The Overberg / Whale Coast region boasts some of the finest golf courses in the southern hemisphere. Between 3 and 45 minutes’ drive from De Kelders there are five 9-hole courses; the internationally acclaimed Arabella 18-hole course and the 27-hole Hermanus course.
The De Kelders coastline provides excellent land-based and sea fishing. There are fishing harbours in Gansbaai and Kleinbaai that are ideal for boat launches. Fish include kabeljou, steenbras and the highly-prized galjoen.
NATURE RESERVES AND BIRD WATCHING:
The beautiful privately-owned Grootbos Nature Reserve, internationally acclaimed for its fynbos conservation, is 1km from De Kelders, as is the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, and the De Plaat Nature Reserve with its magnificent stretch of white beach. There is abundant marine bird life in the reserves.