About Soetvlakte Guest Farm
Soetvlakte is a cattle and game farm, situated 133km from Kuruman on the road to McCarthy's Rest, the border post to Botswana. Enjoy luxury accommodation and exquisite meals and fill your day with the peace of a crisp sunrise, bird and game watching, sunsets and pure nature.
Soetvlakte Guest Farm's mission is to share the beauty, wildlife and tranquillity of the spacious Kalahari with nature lovers that needs an unpolluted environment in which to refresh. Our hospitality and cozy guesthouse will lead the way to an unforgettable Kalahari repose. Personal attention to your every need - only one guesthouse on more than 16000 hectares!!
Enjoy luxury accommodation and exquisite meals prepared to your taste whilst experiencing the Kalahari at Soetvlakte. There is a magnificent view from the guesthouse's stoep. Fill your day with the peace of a crisp sunrise, bird and game watching, magnificent sunset and pure nature. Experience a variety of game and birds at the waterhole a mere 80 metres from the stoep.
GUEST HOUSE ACCOMMODATION
Luxury, two bedroom, en-suite guest house with lounge and open veranda. Cuddle up at the cozy fireplace on cold winter evenings or enjoy the abundant sunshine and 'splash' pool during our hot summer days.
An exiting new bush camp has been added to what we offer. This on-the-skin experience of the Kalahari offers nature lovers:
• To sleep around a campfire
• 8 Luxury beds in four half-open huts
• Hot showers
• Excellent meals served at the camp or self-catering option in a well equipped kitchen
• We provide beds for more people around the campfire on request
Camping cots are provided for children 0-2 years and beds are provided for children 3+ years. Babysitting can be arranged, please enquire.
• Game viewing from an open vehicle that we provide or your own 4x4
• Night drives provide the opportunity to discover the hidden beauty of nocturnal animals
• Unlimited hiking and horseback riding opportunities are available
• You can discover the beauty of nature under the guidance of people with superior knowledge of the Kalahari and nature.
• Bird watching (100+ species)
• Guided tours of the cattle farm