About Old Post Office Lodge
Old Post Office Lodge offer bed and breakfast in true Wilderness style, situated in the heart of the majestic Wilderness Village in the famous Garden Route.
Old Post Office Lodge is walking distance from the beach, shops and restaurants. Close access to N2 makes it the perfect gateway from where the Garden Route can be explored. This is a perfect place to stay to experience the famous magic of Wilderness. In Wilderness children still play around in the streets and people care about each other.
Our rooms are very comfortable and each evening you can enjoy sundowners on your balcony overlooking the quaint village. All rooms have queen/king/twin beds, en-suite bathroom, balcony, DSTV with selected channels, coffee/tea making facility, safe, hairdryer and small fridge. Internet facilities are available. Rooms are serviced daily and linen and bath towels are supplied.
Breakfast is served at the renowned Pomodoro Restaurant, directly underneath Old Post Office Lodge and has been rated as one of the top 100 restaurants in South Africa in the Eat Out Magazine 2007, 2008 and 2009. Pomodoro Restaurant offers an assortment of tasty meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Venture out to do one of the many outdoor activities or lounge around on the patio to meet all the locals.
Activities and Attractions
We are walking distance from the beach, shops, restaurants, chemist, hair salon, petrol station, doctor, tennis courts, squash courts, bowling fields, gym, laundry, post office. A Health and Wellness Spa and Beauty Salon are in the near vicinity.
Attractions and Activities
Activities in Wilderness
The weather is superb, great for adventure and outdoor activities such as:
• 8 Nature Trials (Half-collared Kingfisher trail / Bosduif Loop / Brown-hooded Kingfisher Trail / Woodville Big Tree Circular Walk / Pied Kingfisher Trail
• Map of Africa
• 800 year old Big Tree
• Dolphin / whale watching
• Paragliding / Hang gliding
• Wilderness National Park
• Bird watching - Knysna Loerie etc.
• 18 km of golden beach – ideal for a lovely stroll or sunbathing or swimming
• Kidbuddie Adventure farm
• Power boats and waterskiing
• Scenic drives
• Craft Markets
• Miniature golf
• Outdoor chess
Activities outside Wilderness
• Strawberry picking - George
• Cango Caves (85km to Oudtshoorn)
• Ostrich farms -Safari's
• Elephant park (Knysna - 45 km)
• Monkeyland (On the way to Plettenberg Bay)
• Birds of Eden (On the way to Plettenberg Bay)
• Golf courses at Fancourt, Pezula, Pinnacle Point, Oubaai and many more.