About Mackaya Bella Guest House
Mackaya Bella is an established 4 star modern, eco-friendly bed and breakfast, situated in the newly revitalised suburb of Durban South, close to numerous restaurants, galleries, cafés and boutiques. Set in a peaceful indigenous garden, the guest house allows visitors a calm and quiet space in which to unwind and relax.
The name Makaya Bella is derived from an indigenous shrub known to KwaZulu Natal, which thrives in the cool, shady ecosystem of the coastal forests. This indigenous theme of relaxation and tranquility flows not only through the guest house setting, but also encourages the vision and drive of the establishment.
The guest house has six modern en-suite bedrooms, with an additional spacious, one bedroom family room, that can be utilised for long term leasing or for families with small children. The room has a king sized bed, double fold out sofa, plus a kitchen. All rooms are serviced daily.
Services and Facilities Include:
• Wi-Fi, DStv and a workspace designed to ensure a calm and relaxing environment
• Individual air conditioning, safe, bar fridge, hospitality tray and hairdryer
• Rooms are available as either double / twin or single. All beds are extra length with the finest percale linen and amenities include fluffy towels and bathrobes
• Communal pool
• 100% indigenous garden which attracts bird life, butterflies and benevolent insects
• Access to park / green zone, adjacent to the property
• Scrumptious breakfasts served daily in an open plan dining room overlooking a park
• Dinner can be arranged on prior notice
• Laundry service (additional cost)
• On site parking
• Airport transfers
• Safe surrounding area that allows guests to explore the quaint and entertaining social side of Glenwood, ranging from 'around the nook' restaurants to art galleries and boutiques.
Nearby Attractions & Activities
Mackaya Bella Guest House is within walking distance of the Howard College campus of the University of KwaZulu Natal (and shuttle bus to the Westville Campus) and the Nelson Mandela School of Medicine.
It is also within easy access to the Durban University of Technology, Inkosi Albert Luthuli, Westville, Entabeni and St Augustine’s hospitals and shopping centres such as The Pavillon, Musgrave Centre, Davenport, Glenwood Village and Queensmead.
Also in close proximity are the CBD, ICC Durban, the beaches and uShaka Marine World. Sporting facilities include Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium, Kings Park Rugby, Sahara Kingsmead Cricket Stadium, Queensmead Hockey Ground and Westridge Stadium.