Have Your Say
Submit a Review
Have you been to La Loggia Bed & Breakfast in Umhlanga Rocks?
Let us know what you thought of the venue and how you enjoyed your visit to Umhlanga Coastline.
Reviews & Comments
Showing 9 reviews (ordered by date of stay, most recent appearing first)
The place is decent, with a nice pool. I liked the fact that its close to gateway and the beach. I would go back again
Positives - good location; good pool and outside area; decent breakfast
Negatives - downstairs room(sea facing) was not ready on arrival (16h30) and had musty smell, bathroom door could not close, bathroom fan not working;
Upstairs rooms were fine
1 Been staying at this place from 2008 to now,
2.The service is average, rooms v small, with staff that are far more friendly than the Owner Ingrid, who is Swedish?
3.Betwn sms and em confirmation and I would be ask several times thereaft for the very same info to be confirmed repeatedly?!
3. Ingrid once charged twd me and shoved an address in my hand, when I arrived there for a stay with a friend, saying "sorry Dr Pillay, but I make mistake,I get big lot of people now, 2 van load, no time to talk now, but u go here". Red in face, I drove around looking for this address. Needless to say , No courtesy call; frm her thereafter.
2. I booked a friend in for an Anniversary treat this last weekend, and my friend called her to say that they cud not make it bec of a tiff. She was so "stroppy" was angry and shouted, telling her that no matter what, she must pay for this ! Just did transfer now for stay untaken.
4. Expect Owner to be unfriendly, cold, tactless, rude, uncaring ... in fact all attributes that would never be expected in an HOSPITALITY industry :(
5. After all that abuse, Im no doubt taking my good business elsewhere now aft several YEARS of loyalty.
6. Venture in if you dare ... definitely NOT RECOMMENDED for guests looking for Homeliness, attention and caring and Pampering !
A lovely place to stay. Nice pool to cool off in. Good cooked breakfast was included along with cereals, juices, toast etc. We did have trouble with one of the two Air conditioners which didn't work, but it was handy to friends which we wanted to visit and far enough away from dirty Durban
A great disappointment to me and my wife as we arrived after a 36 hour journey from UK to be shown to a small dingy not too clean room with an inadequate shower room whcih was nothing like those shown on the website. The furniture was tacky with little space for clothing and when we aired our disappointment we were told by the management that this was all that was available despite the fact that we had booked the accomodation way back in August 2011. We were very tired so stayed one night and in the morning we elected to leave. We indicated this fact to the lady in charge and her attitude was one of couldn't care less. She did however refund our money for the remainder of the week. My advice to anyone thinking of going there would be to make very sure of the room you are booking, that it is indeed one shown on the website and not one of the grotty little rooms round the back. The one we had had two windows one of which was blanked off with some sticky coating so that you could not see through it and the other faced a brick wall totaally unsuitable for a weeks holiday
We have stayed here already on three occassions December 2004,2009 and 2010. It's a great place to stay we love it !!
The 1 Bedroom Self Catering Apartment: Bedroom very small with very little space to walk and en suite bathroom was a shower, basin and toilet all lined up with no space to move or turn.
My hubby & I have stayed here on several occasion, its a holiday close to home!!
Warm frieindly service, its prefect and I have recommended this BB to everyone I know.
We've give away their honeymmon suites as wedding gifts on 3 occasoins.
You wont go wrong by staying here!!
I will definitely recommend La Loggia B & B. It was a lovely serene location with excellent service. Would definitely come back.
Showing 9 reviews
Durban International - 35km
Children of all ages are welcome.
Check-in from 14h00
Check-out by 11h00
Exceptions to check-in/out times may be arranged, please enquire.
Listed on SA-Venues.com
May 2001 - 9 Reviews