About Klaasvoogds Cottage
Klaasvoogds Cottage offers charming, luxurious self-catering holiday accommodation and is well-equipped for long stays.
The Cape Georgian cottage lies in the beautiful Klaasvoogds Valley at the foot of the Langeberg Mountains. It is centrally located in the Robertson wine valley on Route 62, within easy reach of many places of interest. The nearest towns are Robertson and the quaint Klein Karoo town of Montagu, which has to be one of the prettiest towns in South Africa with its mix of vineyards, small orchards and beautiful heritage buildings.
For those who are “laid back” - enjoy lovely views of the vineyards and mountains from every window, and on chilly nights settle in with a book or a glass of lovely, local wine in front of the roaring fire. In summer - as the day cools - relax on the porch and watch the fiery sunset give way to a night sky sparkling with stars. Eat gorgeous food at South Africa’s finest, award-winning restaurants, including Fraai Uitzicht and Reubens. Taste wine at the more than 50 wine estates, taste olives at Igadi Olive Oil or locally made cheese at Montagne Deli. Go for game drives. Swim or fish at the nearby Breede River or try to spot some of the 250 species of birds. And for the wildly energetic? Climb mountains, run or cycle along picturesque country roads, or exhaust yourselves with all the activities in the area.
Self Catering Accommodation
The cottage, situated on a working wine farm, is light and airy with views of the mountains and vineyards from every room. It has warm wooden floors, hand-made French shutters, sash windows, beautiful hand crafted furniture and lovely oil paintings. It has a spacious double bedroom and en-suite bathroom, a separate shower and open-plan living / dining room / kitchen area, garden, patio and porch.
It is ideally suited for a couple but at a squeeze can accommodate two more people. The couch in the lounge and the couch on the porch can be converted into two single beds.
There is a fireplace, heater, air conditioner, washing machine, iron and ironing board, microwave, Satellite TV, a kettle braai and hairdryer.
Towels will be changed every two days, bed linen once a week and the cottage will be cleaned once a week. For an extra fee daily cleaning can be arranged.
Kranskop Winery wine tasting and cellar tours can be arranged.
• Daily cleaning
Activities and Attractions
Restaurants (our selection of top restaurants in the area)
• Fraai Uitzicht - Klaasvoogds
• Mo and Rose - Klaasvoogds
• Reubens - Robertson
• Karoux - McGregor
• Jessica’s - Montagu
• Templetons - Montagu
Wine Tasting (amongst other wine farms)
• Bon Courage
• Van Loveren
• Graham Beck
• De Wetshof
Other activities in the area
• Klaasvoogds Game Reserve - wide range of antelope
• Dassieshoek Nature Reserve - spectacular mountain walks
• Fish Eagle Trial - an 8.5km walking trail
• Birding Route - a two hour birding route
• Rafting Route 62 - river rafting for the family
• River cruises on the Breede River - swimming, fishing, bird watching
• Kolgans River Boat - catered boat trips
• Tractor rides and potjiekos lunch - meander through the Langeberg Mountains
• Hot Springs in Montagu - including a picnic area
• Sonneblum Fresh Vegetables - pick your own fresh vegetables
• Montagne Deli - local cheese tasting
• Montagu Cycle Hire - for country rides
• Rock climbing - for beginners and experts
• Robertson Golf Course - an 18 hole course with breathtaking views