About Forest Creek Lodge & Spa
Forest Creek Lodge and Spa is found nestled in a gorge of the Steenkampsburg Mountains and set in a private nature reserve on the Mpumalanga escarpment. We offer a range of accommodation from luxury guest suites set around the main lodge, to the self-catering options provided; the Forest Cottage, Bee Eater and Sunbird units.
The magnificent thatch lodge has been constructed with views of the gorge and the surrounding cliffs and mountain. We offer five luxury suites which are set away from the Main Lodge and are completely private. The suites have their own veranda, outdoor stone shower as well as a ball and claw bath tub looking into the bush. Suites are equipped with DStv, a mini bar fridge, tea and coffee facilities and bathrobes for your comfort.
We offer three self catering cottages which are set away from the main lodge area. Activities and spa treatments can be booked at the lodge, as can meals. All self-catering units have DStv.
This is a cosy, rustic cottage situated next to the forest and within earshot of the stream. Boasting beautiful mountain views, the cottage has a fireplace in the lounge / dining area and is fully equipped for self catering. The cottage has one Queen bedroom, another small alcove with bunk beds for children and a double sleeper couch in the lounge area. There is a large braai area and a table for meals.
Sleeping two guests in a King size bed, Bee Eater unit is fully equipped for self catering. The cottage has a braai area as well as a gas stove and microwave oven. There is a fireplace, DStv, private garden and outdoor showers!
Sunbird has two bedrooms (one with a Queen Size bed and another with a King size bed, the King sized bed can be converted to two x single beds) and an en-suite bathrooms for both bedrooms. There is a fully equipped kitchen as well as both a gas and Weber braai for outdoor cooking.
The Beach Cottage:>
This self-catering cottage has stunning views of the Mountains. We decided to do something different, and bring the Beach to the Bush, It comprises of a queen sized bed, with an en-suite bathroom. A huge deck for outdoor entertainment. Fully equipped kitchen with outside braai area, Gas braai for cooking on the deck. DSTV. Fan, electric blanket and heater, snuggle under our percale cotton duvets and linen. (Note: If you are allergic to down feathers, we can supply fibre duvets and pillows) We supply wood. The unit is serviced daily.
Treat yourself to a few hours in our Forest Spa with a full range of treatments. We use the Theranaka and Theravine products for your pampering.
• Bush bath - a romantic bath literally in the bush, set in a private spot, with lots of bubbles and candles
• Clay pigeon shooting
• Romantic Gazebo dinner - book your romantic private dinner on the gazebo, overlooking the mountain
• Jet ski - bring along your own jet ski and enjoy a day of fantastic skiing on the Kwena Dam
• Elephant rides - visit the ‘Elephant Whisperers’ where one can interact with elephants
• Hiking – there are marked trails through the Cloud Forest, along the banks of the stream to the Waterfall
• Trout fishing - our stream feeds the trophy dam and we practice catch and release
• Bird watching - we have a prolific variety of birds that can be seen, including a resident pair of Black Eagles
• Horse riding – available 4km down the hill
• Mountain biking - bring your bikes and enjoy the off road cycling