About Eden's Touch Guest Farm
Enjoy the peaceful, self catering Honeymoon and Family chalets, in a beautiful forest setting, situated between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, on the Garden Route. Perfectly situated for cycling, hiking, mountain-biking, and golf.
The exclusive fully equipped self catering chalets are conveniently situated 20mins from Knysna and 15mins from Plettenberg Bay. Enjoy privacy and serenity while horse riding, cycling or hiking through our 85 hectare private indigenous forest.
There are 5 architect designed, rustic chalets where each piece of furniture, chair, table, cupboard, light-fitting, etc has been hand-made by the local community. The chalets are named after indigenous plants and trees, and each offers privacy, tranquillity and magnificent views. Each chalet offers a private splash pool, DSTV, spacious covered entertainment deck & stunning views overlooking the Garden of Eden.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
• Rooms are serviced daily unless otherwise requested (except on Sundays).
• DSTV provided in each chalet.
• Private splash pool to each chalet.
• Large covered entertainment deck, with braai (BBQ) facility and wood provided.
• Laundry facility on request.
• Full time porter to assist with baggage to and from chalets (except on Sundays).
• On site manager to assist with any queries / problems.
• Cycling trails (Please bring own bikes).
• Children's playground.
• Baby sitter on request.
• Art pieces by local artists displayed and for sale.
Abundant bird life, magnificent, indigenous trees and fynbos, Bushbuck, and even the occasional baboon troupe, live in the forest, and there are wonderful trails to enjoy - with guide if you so wish.
• Private guided forest walks on request.
• Horse rides (Southern Comfort horse farm is opposite us using the trails through our forest).
• Picnic baskets provided.
• There are lovely walks, and shady areas, streams and bird life to enjoy
Wildlife that you may see on the farm include: Bushbuck, Duiker, Greysbok, Bushpig, African elephant, Cape grey mongoose, Cape clawless otter, Porcupine, Vervet monkeys, Chakma baboons. Six African elephant are known to still roam the greater Knysna forests, and of relevant interest is the fact that years ago, the elephants used to graze in the clearing below the forest.
BIRDS: Neddicky, Karoo Prinia, Sunbirds (orange breasted, half coloured, black, fernveld), Sugarbird, Drongos, Mousebirds, Grassbirds, Bokmakierie, Flycatchers, paradise, Bluemantle, fiscal, Knysna Loerie, Fish Eagle, Grey Cuckoo Shrike, Olive woodpecker, Forest buzzard, Jackal buzzard, Thrush, Forest canary, Cape robin, Wagtail, Bar throated Apalis, Spotted Eagle Owl.