About Chumbi Bush House
Chumbi Bush House is a place to really unwind and relax. It is a self-catering private holiday house set within a private nature reserve, adjacent to Phinda Game Reserve. It is within an easy drive proximity to St Lucia World Heritage Site, Sodwana Bay and Hluhluwe National Park.
This comfortable home allows the visitor the opportunity to experience nature and wildlife at its pristine best from a deck chair on the veranda. A wonderful place to just relax, go for walks, fishing on the river, or mountain bike riding. The farm is home to wildebeest, giraffe, warthog, and a large variety of antelope including nyala and red duiker. There is an abundance of wildlife and exquisite bird life for the avid birdwatchers.
Self Catering Accommodation
Chumbi House is large and spacious, and offers complete privacy with a king size bed in the main room and a queen size in the 2nd bedroom. It has a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering as well as a beautiful patio braai area. The home is suitable for couples as well as a family and friends.
The house sleeps six in three large spacious rooms. All rooms have ceiling fans and open onto a large deck with gorgeous views of the indigenous garden and Zululand bush. The main bedroom has a king-size bed, is bathroom en-suite with a bath, shower and an outside shower. The 2nd bedroom has a queen size bed and bathroom en-suite with a shower only. The 3rd bedroom (children’s room) has two single beds, with a bathroom across the passage with a shower.
• Fully equipped kitchen for your self-catering needs
• Large, spacious veranda
• DStv, large screen TV
• Braai area
• Undercover lockable garage for two cars
• Children welcome
• Shower under the trees after a long walk or bike ride
• Night security
• All linen, towels and hand soap
• Rooms are serviced daily
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Free laundry available
• Beautiful walks on the property, general game on the property (no Big 5)
• Bring your mountain bikes for cycling
• Fishing can be done on the river (4 x 4 vehicle required for access)
• Five km from a golf course and restaurant / bar
• Ten km from False Bay Nature reserve for beautiful walks and fishing
• Twenty km from Hluhluwe Village for shopping requirements
• Forty km from the Big 5 Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve (self-drive or do a guided tour)
• Eighty km from Sodwana Bay Beach, a diver’s and snorkeler’s paradise
• Eighty km from St Lucia town for a boat cruise
Summer rainfall area, with generally speaking no more than two days of rain at a time. Afternoon thunder showers.
January, February and March are hottest months with days being in the 30's and 40's (Celsius).
Winter is mild, with no frost. Days are warm in the 20's, nights can drop down to single figures. We have very little rain in winter; lovely for game viewing and walking.
It is recommended to have a vehicle with a high clearance.