About Canle Guest Lodge
Canle is a beautiful Cape Dutch style house built in 1947. Douglas and Caroline welcome guests to two well equipped guest rooms. Canle is close to Sandton Central, Melrose Arch, Illovo, Rosebank office areas and Wynberg industrial area. The Wanderers Cricket Stadium is within easy walking distance. The M1 Corlett Drive on / off ramp is just two minutes away and both the Sandton and the Rosebank Gautrain Stations are within easy reach.
• One Studio (Double) (can sleep 4) (with self catering option)
• One Double Room (with self catering option)
The Studio has a kitchen, a lounge area, a bedroom area and an en-suite shower room. A sofa bed in the lounge area can accommodate two extra people if required.
The Double Room
The Double Room has a bedroom area, a kitchenette and an en-suite shower room.
Both rooms have attractive outdoor seating areas. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided along with TV (DSTV) and WiFi internet access. In the main house there is a comfortable lounge / bar area available for guests to unwind in the evening. A wood fire is lit on cold nights.
Canle has a beautiful garden with a small heated pool which guests are welcome to use and archery can be practised.
The sundowner deck connects the pool to the thatched bar and the covered patio. An African boma, where a fire is lit on certain nights makes you feel like you are in the middle of the African bush. Boma evenings with a traditional South African braai can be provided by prior arrangement. Secure off-road parking is available.
Breakfast is served on the enclosed patio overlooking the fruit and seed bird-feeders which attract many local species of birds. Wood burning stoves and fires warm the main house and add a wonderful atmosphere in the winter.
Activities and Attractions
• Wanderers Cricket Stadium within easy walking distance
• Close to Wanderers Planet Fitness Gym, Sandton Planet Platinum and Virgin Active Classic Club at Melrose Arch
• Close to Coca Cola Park (Ellis Park) Stadiums (Rugby, Football, Athletics, Tennis, Swimming)
• Close to Park & Ride facilities for major sporting events
• Wanderers, Killarney, Houghton and Parkview Golf Courses all close by
• Clay pigeon shooting can be arranged
• Fishing or bird shooting trips can be arranged
• Archery available in the garden