About Avondblij Guest House
At Avondblij Guest House we offer our guests comfortable, luxurious and tranquil accommodation. We take great pride in service excellence and warm hospitality. Throughout your stay with us in the “Ostrich Capital” of the world, a destination situated on the Garden Route that is a must-visit, we strive to make it as pleasant and memorable as possible until the next visit!
Gernes and Nadine Claassen welcome you to Avondblij Guest House, a 1940’s Art Deco style home that has been tastefully renovated and still features the original wooden floors and 6 spacious rooms. Situated very close to the centre of Oudtshoorn Avondblij Guest House is ideally situated for guests who wish to walk to the various shops, restaurants and other spectacular sites in Oudtshoorn. We are a mere 200 meters off the Route 328 (Baron van Reede) that leads the way to the famous Cango Caves.
Avondblij Guest House operates with 6 on-suite bedrooms, all beautifully furnished and spacious to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one. Each room is fitted as a double room with the possibility to be converted into a twin room. A roof fan, remote controlled TV and an electric hairdryer are some of the added features available in each room. Basic toiletries are provided and each room has a service station with tea, coffee and mineral water at the guest’s disposal. Family room(s) are available on prior arrangement.
• The dining area is cozy, decorated with taste and has a fireplace
• There are comfortable garden sets in front and at the back of the main house surrounded by greenery where guests can relax and enjoy the South African sunshine!
• A spacious pool area meets the tranquil lawn and garden area where guests can enjoy the Klein Karoo weather.
• Phone and fax facilities are available by arrangement
• Secure parking is provided for all guests
• We can accommodate guests with wheelchairs
• A sumptuous South African breakfast that’ll definitely sort you out until lunchtime!
• An equally delicious dinner is available by prior arrangement
• Should you require any laundry services, we can provide it
• Any information regarding the town and surrounding area we’ll gladly share with our guests
• We can arrange for any transport transfers as well as day-trips should any of these be required
• Various Ostrich Sow Farms - ride, touch or feed ostriches and enjoy daily shows
• Cango Wildlife Ranch - dive with crocodiles, touch a ‘big cat’ and visit the snake centre
• Swartberg Mountain Pass - bike rides or scenic drives to Prince Albert (can be arranged)
• Cango Caves - the standard route or adventure route through the breathtaking Caves!
• Many different sized ‘Ostrich Feather Palaces’ to be seen in and around town.
• A variety of top class wine farms and cellars are spread out in and around Oudtshoorn for the wine enthusiast to visit.
We want to ensure that each guest receives professional, friendly and courteous service. To maintain a clean, comfortable and well maintained premises for our guests and staff. To provide at a fair price, a clean and comfortable accommodation and delicious breakfast. To ensure that all guests and staff are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve. Every guest who chooses Avondblij Guest House leaves happy.