About Amber Rose Country Estate
Take time to smell the roses- the finest country accommodation only minutes from Fourways.
Discover this gracious country estate, with expansive views across the Chartwell valley. Only minutes from Fourways, Monte Casino, Northgate Coca Cola Dome and the Indaba Hotel and conveniently located for access onto the N1 and N14 motorways to Sandton CBD, Pretoria, OR Tambo international and Lanseria Airports, Amber Rose Country Estate is a peaceful retreat, ideal for both leisure guests and business travellers.
The garden, a place of refuge, invites you to explore its beauty. Enjoy the abundant roses. View the horses grazing on the surrounding hills. Birdsong is a constant reminder of the many indigenous species that can be seen around the estate. Wild hares frequent the garden by night. After a busy day absorb the peace and tranquillity from one of the many shaded benches. The dam is stocked with Koi, Carp and Bream and wild duck, heron and cormorants can be seen on the water from time to time.
The home has been carefully and tastefully appointed with luxurious, top grade furniture and fittings. Beautiful Persian carpets cover the rich slate tiled floors. The works of well-known South African artists add authenticity to this gracious South African home.
Experience something special in these beautiful surroundings, with an emphasis on room comfort and fine dining. The staff and owners, Lynne and Ron, take a personal interest in your wellbeing and enjoyment to ensure your stay is a memorable one.
Each suite is equipped with a desk, casual chairs, TV, safe, overhead fan, heater, king or queen extra-length bed, percale linen, radio alarm clock, hairdryer, inclusive 24hr wireless connectivity, complimentary tea and coffee, en-suite bathrooms with bath and or shower, double basins, luxury XL bathsheets, complimentary bath products.
Luxury Suites - AIR CONDITIONED
The Harmony and Peace Suites:
These two warm north facing rooms are furnished in autumn shades. Each have their own bathroom with ensuite shower only. The ‘Peace’ suite has a queen bed; the ‘Harmony’ suite has a king or two single beds. These two rooms are named after well known, timeless roses in keeping with the tranquil Amber Rose experience. Furnishings include a solid mahogany writing/dressing table placed beneath a gold framed mirror. The Porcelain Suite, a new luxury room with direct outside access has been added to the luxury rooms.
Executive Suites - Airconditioned
Named after the beautiful rose ‘Ambassador’, which can be found in the garden, the room has a secluded stateliness. The gold and cinnamon colourings, double cupboards, extra length king size bed, spacious 2 person shower and bath en suite make for a rich, comfortable and warm feel.
Pascali and Casanova suites:
Furnished in undertones of copper and silver, with en suite bath and walk-in shower. These suites are suitable for families as the 2 rooms can adjoin without affecting each one’s privacy. King extra-length beds or single beds are offered. Under carpet heating and air conditioning have been installed for your comfort.
Premier Suites - Airconditioned
The Johannesburg Gold Suite:
One of our premier rooms, furnished in warm golden tones, is also named after one of South Africa’s prized roses, ‘Johannesburg Gold’. It has double cupboarding, north and east facing windows, a King size extra length bed, en-suite bathroom, with bath, shower and double basins. Serenity and a feeling of space characterise the room.
The Colorama Suite:
Colorama, a striking rose with shades of reds, orange and cream brings a richness of colour to this suite which looks out onto a magnificent rose garden. The bathroom with shower and romantic slipper bath is open to the bedroom adding a touch of nostalgia from the old mining origins of Johannesburg. Double cupboards and a solid mahogany writing / dressing table complete this suite.
The Memoire Suite:
As the name indicates, a memorable experience awaits you in this premier, spacious suite. Feel part of the country experience over looking the Chartwell hills from the garden patio with free flowing breezes. Refresh yourself in the coolness of the private outside shower and en suite bathroom, featuring a corner bath and on the counter basin. Furnished in silvery, green, with beautiful wooden headboard side and dressing tables, experience a feeling of tranquility in this elegant room.
The Self Catering Apartment - West Wing
The newly finished, luxuriously furnished self-catering apartment has 2 bedrooms each en suite with a fully fitted and equipped kitchen, lounge and patio with views of the Chartwell valley. Ideal for a long stay or family where you may need extra space.
BREAKFAST & DINING
A delicious full English breakfast, available in the dining room or on the Rose Terrace with breath taking views across the valley. Fine dining for special occasions and dinners by arrangement
Our conference facilities are ideal for more intimate team building, management strategy or brain-storming sessions providing privacy in pleasant surroundings. A full day or half day conference package can be structured to meet your needs. The equipped conference room offers various configurations including ‘ U’ shape seating for up to 20 delegates or cinema style seating for up to 40 delegates. Standard equipment includes a large screen, whiteboard, flipchart, TV, and video. Delegates are provided with complimentary pens, note pads, mints, water and juices on the table.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES & FACILITIES
• Sparkling swimming pool with loungers and umbrellas
• Charcoal braai / barbecue
• Garden seating with exquisite views of the Chartwell Valley
• Wireless ADSL connectivity (inclusive in our rates)
• 24 hour broadband wireless ADSL connectivity (inclusive in our rates)
• Complimentary tea and coffee trays, selected bathroom toiletries
• Breakfast can be served, in the dining room, or on the Rose Terrace.
• Laundry, ironing, shoe polishing and car washing is available at a nominal charge, on request.
• There is daily servicing of the rooms with fresh towels
• Shuttle to nearby shops and restaurants on request at a nominal charge
• Assistance with travel arrangements
• Photocopying and faxing facilities
• Fine dining for special occasions and or suppers by arrangement.
Nearby facilities and places of interest
• Golf at the premier Dainfern or Bryanston golf course.
• Horse riding can be arranged with one of the Chartwell riding schools.
• Virgin Active and Planet Fitness gyms -10 minutes drive
• Health spa’s nearby - Body Sense and Mangwanani
• Shopping is close by at Fourways Mall, Northgate Dome and Sandton City
• Game viewing at the nearby Lion park, or Lion and Rhino Park or De Wildt Cheetah Centre
• Montecasino and the bird park - 10 minutes drive
• Broadacres Arboretum - 10 minutes drive
• Northgate ice rink or Fourways Ski slope
• Rosebank, Bruma and Hartebeespoort Dam flea market - 30 minutes drive
• The Lippizaner Equestrian Centre
• Organic market
• Fourways Hospital
• Soweto tours arranged
• Gold Reef City - early Johannesburg restored. Experience thrill rides or go down a gold mine
• Cradle of Humankind with Sterkfontein Caves - a World Heritage Site - of anthropligal interest
• Lesedi Cultural Village
• Tswane Pretoria, with the Voortrekker Monument, Union buildings, Sammy Marx Museum and the Cullinan Diamond mine
• Sun City and the nearby Pilanesberg Game Reserve including the Big 5 (2 hours drive time).