Welcome to Alpine Heath Resort on SA-Venues.com, offering 4 star graded accommodation in Bergville, Drakensberg.
This resort is a unique ‘base camp’ village for a host of holiday pursuits and it offers superb accommodation, fine cuisine and excellent conference and wedding facilities. Sports enthusiasts can indulge in a multitude of activities nearby ranging from horse riding and fishing to high adrenalin sports including quad biking, paintball and canopy tours. There’s also a ‘funtastic’ variety of children’s entertainment and a daily adult activity programme as well.
Many natural wonders and World Heritage Sites are easily accessible from Alpine Heath Resort including The Royal National Park, the historical Spioenkop Battlefields, picturesque Tugela Falls, and Falcon Ridge.
In addition to having a superb spa, Three Cities Alpine Heath Resort offers a number of great dining options at five on-site eateries. Guests can enjoy the culinary delights of La Gruyere’s Restaurant or the savory toppings at the Pizzeria. The Coffee Shop, Pool Bar and Tavern offer some simple, no-fuss meals. Alternatively, guests can opt for self-catering meals, with delicious produce from the local village.
The resort has 100 luxuriously appointed, fully-equipped chalets offering panoramic mountain views from comfortable lounges, a fireplace for those romantic wintery evenings, kitchen, patio, satellite TV and three cozy bedrooms. Alpine Heath Resort is truly a highlight of the Drakensberg and it’s what makes this unique berg village so popular all year round.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
• Direct dial telephones
• Each chalet has it’s own private patio
• Fireplaces in all the chalets
• Each chalet comprises of a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and two twin-bedded rooms that share a second bathroom
• Fully equipped self-catering units with the option of having meals at the Hotel
• A safety deposit box and hairdryer are located in each unit.
• Television with selected DSTV channels
STANDARD ROOM FEATURES
• 3 bedroom suites include a main bedroom with en-suite bathroom and 2 bedrooms fitted with twin beds
• Each chalet has a second bathroom with bath and separate shower, lounge, kitchenette and patio
• A range of customised toiletries
• Serviced daily by housekeeping
• Baby cots available on request
• Babysitting service by prior arrangement
• Bird watching
• Curio shop
• Cellular reception
• Walking and hiking trails
• Horse riding is now available on site, for larger groups horse riding can be arranged in the area.
• Internet access
• Kiddies playground with jungle gym
• Mountain biking
• Outdoor chess
• Same day laundry service
• Two outdoor swimming pools, the pools are not heated.
• Village market
• Volleyball, tennis courts, squash courts
LA GRUYERES RESTAURANT
Open daily for breakfast and dinner.
LA BRASSERIE TAVERN
Light menu available between 12h00 – 17h00. Can be enjoyed indoors or on the terrace.
Open weekends and Wednesday nights. Come and savour the taste while enjoying the company of friends and family.
OPEN FIRE BRAAI SITUATED CLOSE TO THE POOL AREA
Open braai area is available to rent. Bookings need to be made at reception for both the gas braais and the open braai area.
Picnic baskets on request.
VIEWS FROM THE CHALET
The Drakensberg and some with panoramic views on the lower dam and river.
Due to the fact that we cannot allow open braai (barbecue) fires at the chalets, gas braai facilities are available. Booking for gas braais are essential. Those guests wishing to bring their own gas braai equipment are welcome to do so. We also have the open fire braais for guests located near the pool which must be booked.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)