About 5 Sea View Road
This private lower storey self-catering apartment is on the hill right above the Muizenberg Station and has a magnificent view of the Muizenberg beach, the whole of False Bay and the mountains.
Self Catering Accommodation
The house is architect designed. The apartment has two bedrooms with an extra length Queen Size bed in one room, and a choice of an extra length King Size bed or Twin Beds in the other room. Each room has an en suite bathroom with a shower only. There is under floor heating in bathroom and dressing areas. The rooms are equipped with 100% Percale cotton linen, bath towels, bath robes swimming towels, electric blankets and a hairdryer. The kitchen has a washing machine/tumble dryer, a dishwasher, a microwave, gas and electric hobs, and an electric oven.
The lounge / kitchen / dining area is open plan. The lounge are has comfortable seating, TV (with limited DSTV) a DVD player and a safe. The spacious wooden deck has outdoor furniture. The apartment is Monday to Friday (excludes public holidays and weekends).
This is a non-smoking establishment. For safety reasons we cannot accommodate children between the ages on 6 months and 10 years. There are high decks, a rocky garden, and unfenced fishponds.
• Complementary toiletries
• Area information Booklet
• Complementary tea and coffee
• Parking off street
• Alarm system
The apartment is within a 5 minute walk of the mountain, the beach, the train station and various restaurants and shops.
Activities and Attractions
View whales (June to November), dolphins and thousands of cormorants feeding at sea from the deck. The 20km beach is the most popular family beach and a well known spot for surfing. Surfing lessons and board hire are available on the beach. Watch the windsurfers and kite boarders or try it yourself. Kayaking and diving is also available along the coast. The beach front has a water slide, mini golf and a swimming pool.
Experience mountain walks with unique Cape Fynbos and wild flowers as well as spectacular views. There are rock climbing spots within walking distance of the apartment. Visit various historical buildings and sites as well as museums and galleries. There are two theatres, one in Muizenberg and one in Kalk Bay. The Muizenberg Flea market is open every Sunday.
• There are 18 hole golf courses close by.
• Visit Kalk Bay about 3km away
• Take the train or walk along the seafront walkway to Kalk Bay which has a busy fishing harbour, and a variety of restaurants, coffee, antique and curio shops.
• Fish Hoek has a good family beach 10km away; go by train or car.
• Visit Simon’s Town 15km away. Go on a scenic train trip or by car.
• Simon’s Town is a naval base with a long naval history. It also has an African Penguin Colony.
• Arrange a boat based whale watching trip, a trip to seal island or one of the other cruises which are available.
• Cape Point is not far from Simon’s Town.