Map showing Wild Ivory Eco Lodge
Directions to Wild Ivory Eco Lodge
• Follow the N1 north to Polokwane / Pretoria. Continue on N1 towards Polokwane
• At the 3rd tollgate take Kranskop tollgate off ramp to your left and through to Modimolle
Drive straight through Modimolle and onto Vaalwater (stop and goes at the moment so allow 30 mins extra time)
• From Vaalwater go straight through to Bulge Rivier/Thabazimbi (old Elisras Rd) , you will see signs for Welgevonden main gate. Pass main gate and about 25kms later you will find the Schoongelegen road to your left and a sign to Westgate.
• Follow the gravel road for 15 kilometers to gate on left
DIRECTIONS VIA THABAZIMBI
• Travel north along Malibongwe Drive for approximately 30 kilometres until you reach the T-Junction
• Turn left on the R512 to Magaliesburg. Drive for 9.4km further on, passing Pecanwood golf Estate, turn right (R512) towards Brits. Cross the railway line and onto the bridge over Hartbeespoort Dam. At the T-junction turn right (R512) to Brits. Travel to a major four-way stop. Turn left towards Brits and Rustenburg.
• Turn right at the second road to Britz/Rustenberg
• Continue over the N4 to Britz and travel through Britz
• Turn left at traffic light to Thabazimbi R511 and continue to Thabazimbi
• In Thabazimbi take 2 Stop street left to Lephalale (well sign posted)
• Travel for 25 minutes and turn right to Lephala
• After 40kms reach t-Junction and turn Right
• In 8kms turn right to Welgevonden West Gate where you will be met.
• Follow this for 15kms to Westgate
Please contact the lodge when you pass Vaalwater or Thabazimbi. Enter Westgate where your guide will meet you. Please note we are approximately 50km from Vaalwater.