About Wilderness Manor Guest House
Wilderness Manor is an elegant and refined Colonial Guest House overlooking the beautiful Wilderness Lagoon. Step out of the front door and onto the boardwalk across the road, for an easy and safe stroll along the lagoon to golden beaches, restaurants and village shops. Up-market, luxury accommodation with personal, but discreet service.
Almost halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on the internationally renowned Garden Route and situated between mountains and golden beaches, you will find one of South Africa's most sought-after destinations, the seaside village of Wilderness. Wilderness is only 25 kilometres from the well-served George Airport, gateway to the Garden Route. Nature at its best, an eco-tourist's paradise! With its spellbinding beauty and blissful peace it is a most sought-after destination in South Africa in all seasons.
Idyllically situated between mountains and beaches, with a chain of tranquil lakes locked in between, Wilderness has a unique beauty. It is the only village in South Africa, that together with the lakes, surrounding forests and 18 kilometres of coastline, is protected within a 2612-hectares National Park.
THE GUEST HOUSE
Wilderness Manor is an elegant and refined colonial Guest House situated in Waterside Road, overlooking the Wilderness Lagoon in the scenic village of Wilderness. The Guest House is within easy and safe walking distance to golden beaches, restaurants and village shops.
Owners Gerald and JD provide up-market, luxury accommodation and personal, but discreet service in a refined environment. Guests find Wilderness Manor a tranquil base from which to explore the idyllic surroundings of the lakes area and Garden Route towns like Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Mossel Bay and Oudtshoorn in the Klein Karoo. A three or four night stay is ideal.
Relax in the spacious guest lounge or billiard / reading room with superb views from balconies overlooking the lagoon. Luxuriously decorated in an African Colonial style with fine oriental rugs, heirlooms, antiques, art and collectables which contribute to a refined and stylish ambience.
Retire to the serenity of four stylish en-suite bedrooms: three luxury lagoon facing rooms (some with king size four poster beds & Victorian bathrooms), and one standard garden room with a private garden / patio.
Each Bedroom at Wilderness Manor offers:
• Quiet nights with birdsong in the mornings
• White cotton bed linen, towels and bathrobes
• En-suite bathrooms with heated towel rails
• 32" LCD Television
• Bar fridge and tea & coffee making facilities
• Mini safe, hairdryer, ceiling fans / heaters
Look forward to our English and Continental Breakfast which is served in our breakfast room, opening onto a sunny balcony overlooking the indigenous forest where the Knysna Loerie often comes to feed...
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS
Explore the Wilderness area by:
• Walking on endless beaches and hiking through breathtaking natural forests
• Canoeing up the winding Touw River
• Mountain biking on little by-roads or on the beach at low tide
• Driving through scenic mountain passes to the Karoo (a day trip)
• Playing golf at excellent nearby golf courses (no less than 12 to choose from)
• Taking a leisurely ride up into the mountains with the Outeniqua Power Van
• Watching dolphins and whales play in the surf
• Just relaxing and sunning oneself on the beautiful Wilderness beach (umbrellas and towels available)