Cape St Francis is the unspoilt jewel of the Eastern Cape and the perfect place for a relaxed family holiday. With a 3km stretch of wide, white beach lapped by crystal clear water, rock pools teeming with marine life, a world renowned surf break and nature trails through the surrounding fynbos reserves, there is something for everyone.
Watercolours is a spacious, sunny house that is centrally situated for easy walking access to the main beach and all amenities. We like to think we have included everything you’ll need for a laid-back beach holiday.
3 bedrooms - main en suite with Queen-size bed, 2nd with double bed, 3rd with twin single beds - loft dormitory with 6 single beds. There are three bathrooms (main en-suite) and 2 outside hot showers.
A large open-plan living area - lounge with DSTV and fireplace (for cosy winter evenings), a jumbo dining table for sociable dinners and a fully equipped kitchen with all the mod cons including dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier.
There is an outside lapa where you can braai your freshly caught fish and a large under-cover patio where you can sip sundowners on those long summer evenings.
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
In Cape St Francis
• Swimming and snorkeling from main beach
• Surfing and kite-surfing
• Excellent surf and rock fishing - deep sea fishing can be arranged
• Hiking trails in the nature reserves (guided walks can be arranged) and along adjacent coastline
• Mountain biking along these same trails
• Tennis courts
• Guided tours of the historical lighthouse
• Penguin sanctuary and rehabilitation centre
• Whale and dolphin watching
• Spectacular summer sunsets from popular ‘Sunset Rocks’
Within 5km of Cape St Francis
• 2 golf courses
• Shops, restaurants and Art and Craft Galleries
• Squash courts
• Canoeing and boating on the Kromme River
• Boat launching at Port St Francis
Cape St Francis is also an ideal destination for a winter holiday. Take advantage of fewer people and lower rates. Enjoy clear, sunny days and whale-watching followed by cosy evenings around the fireplace.
Port Elizabeth is just over an hour’s drive away and transport to and from the airport can be arranged for guests who wish to fly in.