About Wailana Beach Lodge
A distinctive, Swiss owned luxury Guest Lodge with fabulous views over the Indian Ocean. 200 meters from the sand, surf and rock pools. Miles of palm fringed golden sandy beaches are dotted with shallow fresh water lagoons.
The warm Indian Ocean playground of dolphins and nursery to whales. Spectacular floral displays from indigenous vegetation support countless birds and wildlife. Most of all enjoy a climate of long warm days and balmy nights. The ideal weekend getaway or base to explore the area.
Wailana Beach Lodge is set in a lush sub-tropical garden. Laze around our sparkling pool, relax in the shady hammock or the giant garden couch. Enjoy afternoon tea on the pool deck or sundowner drinks at the indoor-outdoor bar. Our emphasis is on a “take it easy“ environment. The spacious lounge opens on to an extensive terrace overlooking the Indian Ocean, where a sumptuous full South African style or vegetarian breakfast is served Al Fresco.
Wailana Beach Lodge offers you a choice of five unique, individually designed bedrooms all with en-suite facilities and private sundecks, extra length king or queen size beds, ceiling fans, shared satellite television and safe.
The Master Bedroom (sea facing):
With a king size bed, shower / bath, large balcony with a breaker view.
The Captain's Cabin (sea facing):
With a queen size bed, shower, balcony with a breaker view.
The Oriental Room (sea facing):
With a queen size bed, shower and own patio.
The Treetops Room (garden facing):
With a queen size bed, shower / bath and balcony.
The Plantation Room (garden facing):
With a king size bed, shower / bath and own patio.
Help yourself to tea and coffee at our bar, free of charge.
We can also provide a laundry service.
Secure off street parking available.
A 6 minute walk down to the beach.
20 minute walk to the protected blue flag Ramsgate swimming beach.
Attractions & Activities
• The South Coast of KwaZulu Natal is one of southern Africa’s premier playgrounds
• The South Coast has nine world class 18 hole golf courses within easy reach, with Margate Country Club, Southbroom and San Lameer just a 10 minute drive away
• Go further inland for abseiling, horse riding, nature trails and the Worlds highest swing at Oribi George
• Visit Lake Eland a self drive game reserve or Vernon Crookes Game Reserve
• Deep sea fishing or pleasure trips and scuba diving and whale watching in season
• Numerous beautiful safe protected bathing beaches
• Micro lite or small plane flights
• Tennis bowls squash, health club
• Shopping malls, art and crafts galleries, cinemas
• Restaurants are close by and for the night owl there are bars and clubs