Welcome to Tinga Private Game Lodge on SA-Venues.com, offering 5 star graded accommodation in Skukuza, Wild Frontier.
Tinga has an exclusive 6000-hectare concession within this area, where guests can view the wildlife on off road safaris or bush walks, whilst accompanied by SANParks-accredited guides. Tinga vehicles also have access to the entire Kruger road network, thus allowing guests to view the areas of historical significance and aesthetic beauty that the southern Kruger has to offer.
Legends can be described as a classic safari lodge. The large, luxurious suites at Legends epitomize comfort and style, and each suite boasts its own private game-viewing deck and heated plunge pool, with magnificent views of the Sabie River.
Legends is named in honour of those whose vision and foresight ensured that one of the world’s greatest natural treasures exists today. Legends exudes the atmosphere of a classic safari lodge. The thatched cathedral-like entrance leads through to the colonial comfort of the lounge, which opens onto the massive wooden deck overlooking the Sabie River. Built around an enormous Jackalberry tree which is reputed to be over 200 years old, the deck affords magnificent views of the Sabie River, and regular sightings of the resident wildlife, including members of the Big Five.
Facilities at Legends include a library stocked with an array of African literature, a wine cellar stocked with premier South African and international wines, a boma, bar and wellness treatment room. There is also a large eternity swimming pool situated next to the wooden deck allowing unobstructed views of the Sabie River.
• The suites at Legends are well-spaced, and each one is positioned to ensure the best possible view of the Sabie River and its surroundings.
• Each luxuriously appointed suite is air-conditioned, with en-suite bathroom and a double shower. The suites also have a private lounge, heated plunge pool, in-room mini bar, electronic safe, underfloor heating, heated towel rails - in the words of James Stevenson- Hamilton in his book South African Eden, ".all the things tending to mitigate the asperities of life!"
• In the heat of the day, there is no better way to while away the time than relaxing in privacy on the deck, or taking a dip in the plunge pool, whilst watching the daily parade of game coming down to the river.
• The bathrooms are designed to enhance your intimate Kruger Safari. The bath and double shower have large windows allowing unobstructed viewing of the Sabie River, whilst still retaining privacy. The double shower has a Victorian shower rose and a massage spray. There are double basins, heated towel rails, as well as a separate toilet and bidet.
Narina has a distinctly more African feel. Built on stilts and nestled between the trees on the banks of the Sabie river, the large private wood and thatch suites make Narina the romantic hideaway of your dreams. Each suite opens onto a private game viewing deck with plunge pool and outdoor shower.
Although similar to Legends, Narina has a distinctly more African feel. Like the bird it was named after (the Narina Trogon), the lodge is unobtrusive, yet undeniably beautiful, blending perfectly with the riverine forest vegetation. The main deck is on stilts overlooking the Sabie River, and the suites are connected by an elevated wooden walkway. The lodge comprises nine suites.
Game sightings are exceptional at Narina. In winter, elephant and buffalo are seen daily, with large herds making their way down to the river in a cloud of dust. Lion prides are frequently seen, lazing in the shade of large figs and leopards make an occasional appearance. White rhino are sometimes seen grazing in the evenings below the main deck.
Resident wildlife includes bushbuck, nyala, kudu, warthog, baboons and vervet monkeys. Hippos and crocodiles are present in the river, and are often seen on the sandbanks. The large sycamore fig tree in front of the main deck attracts a myriad of birds, including broadbilled rollers, green pigeons, trumpeter hornbills and lilac-breasted rollers. Wood owls are often heard calling at night.
As with Legends, facilities include a main deck overlooking the Sabie river, a library, wine cellar, boma, lounge, bar and boutique.
• Each suite has a private viewing deck and heated plunge pool with magnificent views of the Sabie River.
• The suites are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, a large outdoor shower, mini bar, safe, two air-conditioners, overhead fans and direct dial telephones. The suites also have hairdryers, international adaptors and insect repellent spray.
• The bathrooms are equipped with double basins, a large freestanding bath with a view of the Sabie River, a double shower (with a Victorian Rose and a massage spray), a separate toilet with bidet, heated towel rails and for the adventurous, an outdoor shower.
Set on the banks of the Sabie River in the Kruger National Park, Tinga offers the perfect setting for exclusive conferencing combined with a much-needed leisure break for delegates. The executive boardroom seats 14 delegates.
Standard equipment available
• ISDN lines
• Data projector
• Whiteboards and flip charts
A wedding is the start of a lifelong journey for two people. Why not make a commitment to that wonderful journey in a place of stunning natural beauty? The lush riverine vegetation on the banks of the gently flowing Sabie River will form the perfect backdrop to the ceremony, as a couple commit themselves to one another, under the shade of an ancient Jackalberry.
Complimentary road transfers between Skukuza Airport and Tinga.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)