About Thornwood Lodge
Thornwood Lodge is a group venue situated in the southern Waterberg, about 40km from Warmbaths. We are situated between Mabula and Mabalingwe on the Diepdrif Road to De Wildt Cheetah Sanctuary. We are primarily a group venue and specialise in family groups, get togethers, functions, golf groups and work bosberaads. There are three accommodation types:
Two bedroom chalet with shower room and toilet en-suite. This room sleeps four in one double bed and two singles. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in the room. Patio with bench, smoking only allowed here where cigarettes can be extinguished properly in the sand tray provided.
Guinea Fowl Room:
An open plan chalet, sleeping 4 singles, with a shower and toilet. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. Patio bench for smoking.
An open plan chalet, sleeping 4 singles, with a shower and toilet. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. Patio with smoking area.
A loft room above the lapa, sleeping two singles. A shower room and toilet, male and female, is located downstairs. No smoking allowed.
A loft room above the lapa, sleeping two singles with an extra futon. Shower and toilet, male and female is situated downstairs. No smoking.
*All bedding and towels supplied (except towels for swimming towels). Rooms are serviced each morning.
Additional Facilities at the Lodge:
• The lapa has a well equipped kitchen with fridges, a freezer, electric stove and gas plates, microwave and separate scullery.
• There are enough utensils for 18 to 20 guests.
• All cleaning equipment is supplied as the kitchen is serviced twice a day.
• Bar area with lovely counter, bar stools and additional tables. The eating area is in an open plan lapa, with two large tables and chairs to seat the whole group.
• Television / couched area, bring own DSTV card.
• You can watch magnificent sunrises and sunsets and well lovely views of the bush veld below and animals on the property from the lapa deck.
• Below is the games room which has couches, a pool table and table tennis table.
• Rim-flow swimming pool with a view and lovely water feature flowing down past the lapa.
• There is a Boma where braais or bonfires are lit every evening.
• Walks are safe and easy on sand roads.
• Mountain biking can be done. Bring own bikes.
• 4X4 driving is allowed at 25km /hr.
Fires may not be made anywhere on the lodge except in the boma.