About Thanda Vista
South Africa boasts many beautiful places - and we believe that Plettenberg Bay is the most beautiful of all. That's why we've called our house "Thanda Vista". Thanda is a widely used word for "Love" in the African languages.
Watch whales while you breakfast, stroll down to the lagoon, relax on Plettenberg Bay's pristine, quiet beaches (Poortjies Beach is a mere 300 metres from our front door), or head out for a round of golf on any one of the Garden Route's championship courses - or any other of the many activities available in the area - and come home at the end of the day to Thanda Vista.
Thanda Vista is an exclusive Bed & Breakfast establishment just minutes from the white sandy beaches of Plett (Plettenberg Bay) on South Africa's Garden Route coast. Long-time Plett residents JP and Petro van der Walt welcome you to Thanda Vista - and we promise that, with our intimate knowledge of the area, you'll find there's so much to do you'll want to stay forever.
Intimate, exclusive and private, Thanda Vista offers 5 luxury en-suite bedrooms. A guest lounge with library, music centre and desk-top computer (with free Wi-Fi broadband Internet access); a breakfast room with magnificent views of the Bay; roof-top terraces for fantastic whale watching; and on-site parking.
Each of our 5 en-suite bedrooms has:
• Air conditioning;
• Bar fridge;
• Coffee & tea facilities;
• Radio / alarm clock;
• Personal safe (strongbox);
• Full laundry service;
• 4 bedrooms have showers, 1 has both a shower and a bath and all are equipped with Toilet Friend ventilation systems for your personal hygiene and comfort.
3 of our 5 rooms have balconies with sea views while the other 2 look out onto the garden. The following bed configurations are available:
• Sea View Rooms - 2 with queen-size beds and 1 with double bed;
• Garden View Rooms - twin beds
Our first-floor breakfast room provides an elevated view of the Bay - and while you eat, you may be lucky enough to see the whales or dolphins for which Plett is famous. For breakfast, choose from a continental menu and/or a full English breakfast.
Thanda Vista offers the following areas exclusively for our guests' use:
• Private Guest Lounge with television, music centre and free WI-FI broadband internet access;
• Roof top terraces (ideal for whale watching)
• A terrace for smokers (to comply with the law, smoking is not permitted in the bedrooms or indoor public areas at Thanda Vista).
• Thanda Vista welcomes children 14 years of age and older.
• No pets allowed.