Have Your Say
Submit a Review
Have you been to Sun City Cabanas in Sun City?
Let us know what you thought of the venue and how you enjoyed your visit to Bojanala Region.
Reviews & Comments
Showing 6 reviews (ordered by date of stay, most recent appearing first)
What a wonderful stay. The staff espesially took great care of my elderly parents and even upgraded their room to a family room next to ours. Will visit again for sure!
We stayed at the Cabanas 26/3/2010 till 28/3/2010. I was very upset with the overall look of the room , the duvet on the bed had no covering. The idea of the room I got from the internet where not the same as what I got when arriving at the hotel.The rooms are very small with no sitting area as in the brochure.
I absolutely love sun city!! my stay there was off the hook, totally awsum!
We arrived at the Cabanas on Friday 31/10/08 and checked out 02/11/08. After a day of Fun at the Pool I awoke thirsty and proceeded dowm to the reception to get a cold drink from the Vending Machine. I grabbed the can out the Vending machine and gulped down half the can, I had to stop becuause the taste was digusting. To my sheer horror, the appletiser was 5 months after the expiry date!. On closer inspection I discovered that all the Food in the Vending machine was also off. What kind of 3 star resort store's rotting food and beverages.? To make matter's worse, when I complained at the front desk, I got a rude brush off from the staff member at the reception. He said that it was "not their fault because the Vending machines" were not their own. That's as good as saying that they can't be blamed for a dirty pool because they did not put the water in!. The onus should be Sun City Management to make sure that anything available on their premises is up to scratch, regardless of whether or not it has been out-sourced, instead of passing the buck. Further to that, the staff member promised that he would send the manager to my room to enquire about the problem....The Manager never came, I know this because I spent the rest of my holiday in my room suffering from a running stomach. I was extremely dispointed with my stay at Sun City and I will not be back for a long time.
we arrived at the cabanas on saturday 31/05/08 and checked out 02/06/08. The following seemed to be of concern to us:
1. There was no detailed information of what cabanas offered i.e. we were not aware that movies were paid for on the TV such that my son fiddled with these and when we were checking out, we were told to pay R125 for movies we did not know existed and never watched. this must be well communicated to guests and a secret pin issued at reception so we are not caught off guard with kids putting any number. The movie concept is a good one, but it must be clearly communicated. other information like how to get switchboard, who to call in case you needed extra blankets, toiletries, who to call in case you were sick in the middle of the night, was not available. you got this information by chance! Is it not possible that over and above the map that is available, a file is created that will have all other information the hotel offers like it happens in the other Sun hotels, especially in Swaziland.
2. The family room we were checked in seemed to have a foul (sewerage smell) every evening making it really hard to breathe and sleep in. I am not sure what the cause of this was. Room 2209, must be checked, as this really leaves a bad impression.
3. There was no comments/suggestion form either at reception or in the room to rate our stay when we leave.
4. When we made our booking, we were told only kids were going to pay for breakfast, but when we were checking out, we were told to pay breakfast for everyone as there was no free breakfast. this caused a huge misunderstanding between guests and the reception people and we refused to pay becasue this is not what was communicated to us. When booking in Swaziland, this is clearly communicated to avoid any misunderstandings. In future, may the people taking reservations, properly communicate this. The manager came to our rescue who sort of explained what happens and waived the fee when the lady that was helping us did not even have the time to explain to us. I found her to be very rude and unfriendly.
5. The lady we were dealing with on check out was very unfriendly towards us. In my understanding the type of industry you are in demands staff that can go the extra mile for a customer regardless of anything. As a customer I pay for this service and as such, I expect to be serviced accordingly. Front line staff members must be trained on how to deal with all customers from all over the world.
6. Valley of the waves was closed for maintenance, could this not have been done next month or something when no one would not need to go there as it would be very cold? i thought this was very insensitive and not planned very well.
7. Lastly, i do not want to believe that the service we received is the standard one as this hotel is an international brand and has to keep a certain status. I trully believe we were just unlucky. Other than this, the kids really enjoyed it and if all goes well, we hope to go back and hopefully, things would have changed.
SUN CITY IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE I HAD FUN THE WHOLE DAY THAT I WAS THERE! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK FOR MY 5th TIME I KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER!
Showing 6 reviews
Children of all ages welcome.
Check-in from 14h00
Check-out by 10h00
Listed on SA-Venues.com
January 2005 - 6 Reviews