About Summerhill Self-Catering Guest House
Summerhill Self-Catering Guest House is situated in the heart of the beautiful costal village of St Francis Bay, in the Eastern Cape. This upmarket Guest House is centrally situated to a variety of quaint village shops, banks, restaurants, pubs and shopping malls in the village centre.
The comfortable, modern apartments are just a 5 minute walk from the beach and an hour’s drive from Nelson Mandela (airport). There are also a number of game farms that boast the Big 5 and are malaria free within 1.5 hours drive.
Each modern apartment has its own private entrance and are fully equipped. The bedrooms are en-suite and the beds are fitted with down duvets. Towels and bed linen will be provided.
There are four apartments in a large tranquil child friendly garden as well as secure gated off street parking.
Bachelor No 1 Flat Downstairs (sleeps 2):
The bachelor flat has an en-suite bathroom, shower and a bedroom with a Queen size bed. The small lounge area has a flat screen TV with DSTV (B&B Bouquet) available as well as a DVD player. There is a separate kitchen and free Wi-Fi.
2 Bedroom Flat No 3 Upstairs (sleeps 4 - 5):
The first bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, shower and two three quarter beds. The second bedroom also has an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a King size bed as well as single bed which could be converted to three single beds. The lounge area has a flat screen TV with DSTV (B&B Bouquet) available as well as a DVD player and opens onto a deck with view and a Weber braai. The apartment also has an open place kitchen and free Wi-Fi.
Bachelor Flat No 4 Upstairs (sleeps 2):
This is a smaller apartment which features a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, shower and a Queen size bed. There is a small kitchen area and the apartment has a flat screen TV with DSTV (B&B Bouquet) available as well as a DVD player and free Wi-Fi.
Bachelor Flat No 5 Upstairs (sleeps 2 - 3):
The apartment has bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, shower, a King size bed and a single bed. There is a separate kitchenette and the lounge area has a flat screen TV with DSTV (B&B Bouquet) available as well as a DVD player and free Wi-Fi. The apartment opens onto a deck with a Weber braai available.
Please Note: All Units available in December / January period only for a minimum of 10 nights.
The whole establishment can be booked for December / January period for a minimum stay of 10 nights (rates available on request). The guesthouse sleeps 14 in total and is ideal for the extended family holiday.
The following can be arranged:
• Laundry & ironing
• Car wash
• Baby-sitting services
There are a wide array of attractions for both International and South African tourists. The Addo National Park, situated 73 km from Port Elizabeth, was proclaimed in 1931. Its 743 km² offers sanctuary to 170 elephants, 400 Cape buffalo and 21 black rhino of the very scarce Kenyan sub-species.
The Kouga Tourism Routes take the visitor through the Kouga-Gamtoos-Baviaans region, which is also the eastern gateway to both the Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area, a UNESCO site, as well as the Garden Route. From the Mountains to the Sea, where the journey is the destination. Our fauna and flora is spectacular, home to 7 of the 8 biomes and part of the Cape Floral Kingdom, we boast the Big 7 and the area is malaria-free, and over 250 bird species recorded on the coastline and 350 in the mountain areas.
The area boasts a number of activities for the whole family which include:
• Beautiful pristine beach stretching to Kromme River mouth
• A surfer’s paradise producing world class waves all year round
• A fisherman’s dream with rock, surf and river fishing to choose from
• Whale and dolphin watching
• Deep sea fishing charters
• River and canal pleasure cruises
• Visit the charming port and enjoy a delicious dish of the locally caught calamari
• The historic lighthouse tour, the penguin rehab centre and breathtaking beach makes nearby Cape St Francis a memorable stop
• A nature enthusiast can walk through the unique Sandriver dune system, rich in archaeological artefacts dating back to pre-historic man, or one of the many fynbos hiking trails and marvel at the natural beauty of the unique flora and fauna that abounds
• For golfing enthusiasts the new Jack Nicklaus designed Links golf course or the St Francis Bay 18 hole golf course is a must
• Shopping in the new Village Square mall and boutique shops or visit Billabong clothing factory shop in the nearby surfing mecca of Jeffreys bay
• Enjoy a massage in the comfort of your apartment or get pampered at one of the local spas.
Or simply relax and enjoy life in a little piece of paradise where the holidays never ends.