Welcome to Summerhill Self-Catering Guest House on SA-Venues.com, offering 3 star graded accommodation in St Francis Bay, Sunshine Coast.
Centrally situated it is walking distance to variety of quaint village shops, banks, restaurants, shopping malls in the village centre. The lodge is 50m from the main swimming beach, a mere 1hrs drive from Port Elizabeth (airport) and1.5hrs from the many fabulous, malaria free, Eastern Cape game farms that boast the Big 5.
We also organise exciting tour packages from Summerhill to these surrounding game parks, down the scenic Garden Route and including Knysna. Our tours include airport pick-up / drop-off and extended tours down to Cape Town and the Western Cape.
All the spacious bedrooms have their own en-suite bathroom, and beds are covered with down duvets. Set in a large, tranquil, indigenous garden (child safe) you can enjoy relaxing bird-watching from the comfort of your verandah. An under cover braai area makes for all weather entertaining. Secure off-street parking is available.
Bachelor Flat (upstairs) sleeps 3:
• Queen-size bed
• Lounge area with T.V.
• En-suite bathroom with shower
• Separate kitchenette
• Reverse view of room and single bed.
• Private entrance onto deck with views.
2 bedroom flat (upstairs) sleeps 5:
• Open plan kitchen / lounge.
• Lounge area opens onto deck with views.
• 1 room has a double bed with en-suite bathroom (shower)
• Second bedroom has 3 single beds and en-suite bathroom (shower)
• This flat has an additional 3rd bathroom (off lounge) that has a bath and guest loo.
1 bedroom flat (downstairs) sleeps 2/3
(only available in high season i.e. In Dec / Jan season):
• Open plan lounge / kitchen (with dishwasher) opens onto private garden.
• Lounge area has TV with DVD player (reverse view). Lounge also has a double sleeper couch.
• The bedroom has two 3 / 4 size beds, TV, walk-in cupboard plus door onto patio.
• The full en-suite bathroom has both bath and shower.
Daily cleaning, laundry and ironing services are available on site.
Attractions and Activities
St Francis boasts an assortment of activities and local attractions for the whole family.
• Tennis, squash, gym, yoga, canoeing and horse riding to name but a few.
• Beautiful pristine beach stretching to Kromme River mouth.
• A surfer’s paradise producing world class waves all year round.
• A fisherman’s paradise with rock, surf and river fishing to choose from.
• Whale and dolphin watching, deep sea fishing charters.
• River and canal pleasure cruises.
• Visit the charming port and enjoy a delicious dish of the locally caught calamari.
• The historic lighthouse tour, the penguin rehab centre and breathtaking beach makes nearby Cape St Francis a memorable stop.
• Embark on a walk through the unique Sandriver dune system, rich in archaeological artefacts dating back to pre-historic man, or one of the many fynbos hiking trails and marvel at the natural beauty of the unique flora and fauna that abounds.
• For golfing enthusiasts the new Jack Nicklaus designed Links golf course or the St Francis Bay 18 hole golf course is a must.
• Shopping in the new Village Square mall and boutique shops or visit Billabong clothing factory shop in the nearby surfing mecca of Jeffreys bay.
• Enjoy a massage in the comfort of your apartment or get pampered at one of the local spas.
Or simply relax and enjoy life in a town where the holidays never ends.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)