About Sneezewood Farm B&B
Ideally situated in the heart of the Battlefields route, this exclusive B&B is the perfect place to stay for those looking for upmarket accommodation with the thoughtful extras. Enjoy a country location with the conveniences of a town just 5km away.
Six individually decorated en-suite rooms all offer high levels of comfort and superior accommodation. Four rooms are located in the main B&B cottage with two additional rooms and lounge area adjacent to the main house. All our accommodation has separate guest entrances.
The property is secured by an electric fence and electric gate (all guests are provided with remote controls and asked to keep the gate closed).
All rooms feature the following:
• En-suite bathrooms (5x showers, and 1x bath)
• DSTV in all rooms (hotel bouquet)
• Individual climate control heating and air-conditioning
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Plush bathroom towels
• Dressing Gown for use during your stay
• Bathroom amenities
• Cotton percale linen
• Individual Safety Deposit Boxes
• Electric Blankets during winter
• Information booklets
Guests have the exclusive use of the lounge which offers an honesty-bar (light refreshments) and television (DSTV - hotel bouquet).
Breakfast is served daily between 07h00 and 09h00 in the dining room. We have made an effort to offer a breakfast that is an experience, instead of 'just a meal'. If you require a packed breakfast, this is easily arranged and we are able to cater for dietary requirements so long as these are advised at the time of booking.
FACILITIES and SERVICES
During your stay with us, we would like to make you as comfortable as possible, as such, the following are available:
• Board Games
• Small library of books and magazines for use during your stay
• Information pamphlets on surrounding Battlefield sites and places of interest
• Laundry Service (small fee)
• Packed breakfasts for those starting out early (booked by 13h00 the day before)
• Picnic lunches for those spending the day exploring the countryside (booked by 13h00 the day before)
• Dinner is offered by prior arrangement and needs to be booked a day in advance
• Booking of tours with certified and talented guides to the Battlefields
• Suggestions on things to do and see in and around Dundee
• Recommendations of restaurants / places to eat
THINGS TO DO
The museum comprises 17 buildings, dedicated to subjects as diverse as war and agriculture, mining, industry and domestic life. A quick visit will take approximately ½ a day. Visitors have been heard to say that a visit to Dundee is not the same without a visit to the Museum.
WALK or DRIVE DUNDEE
A self-guided tour around Dundee with the help of an information pamphlet compiled by Dundee’s Tourist Association. A point of interest includes: the Magistrates Court which is the only building in South Africa to bear the Royal Crest of Edward VII.
RESTAURANTS & COFFEE SHOPS
Enjoy local places such as Fairways Restaurant, Heidi’s Coffee Shop and Phumula Coffee Shop or the nationally familiar Wimpy and Spur. The Royal Country Inn offers either an A la Carte or Buffet menu or enjoy a super meal in the beautiful location of a game reserve only 2km from Dundee at Ingudlane Lodge. Or visit Sneezewood’s own Gift & Coffee shop, open Thursdays & Fridays 10h00 – 16h30.
Dundee is host to a number of nationally known stores including Woolworths, Truworths, Clicks, Pick ‘n Pay and Spar, to mention a few. There are a number of other decor and gift shops including Kraaines (Glencoe) for beautiful decor items and Finesse for gifts or floral items. Otherwise, visit Sneezewood’s own Gift & Coffee shop, open Thursdays & Fridays 10h00 to 16h30 or on request for guests staying at the B&B.
Try your luck at Hattingspruit Dam (25 mins) or Donald McHardy Dam (10 mins). Both offer bass fishing opportunities.
There are several game farms in the area offering game viewing opportunities.
One course is located five minutes from Sneezewood Farm in the town of Dundee and another course in the town of Glencoe.
Renowned for its location in the heart of the KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields, you’ll find some of the most historical encounters in the Anglo-Boer and Boer-Zulu war within a 60 minute drive of Dundee including the Battles of Blood River, Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift.