About Sleepy Gecko Guest House
The Sleepy Gecko Guesthouse is a new establishment right in the heart of trendy Melville in Johannesburg. Situated at the corner of 7th Street and 3rd Avenue, Melville, it is right on the doorstep of the ‘vibey’ bars, restaurants and shops.
The Sleepy Gecko Guest Houses close proximity to the SABC, the leading News agencies, the City of Johannesburg and other vibrant centres such as Rosebank, Sandton, Cresta and Randburg makes this The place to stay for local and foreign travellers, whether for business or pleasure.
The Guest House was originally 2 semi-detached houses built by a local character, Mrs. Rae, in the 1930’s. They were almost perfectly preserved when we started our conversions. We offer superior accommodation with large bedrooms and delightful bathrooms and have a strong belief in flexibility and attention to detail.
The Sleepy Gecko Guest House offers 4 luxury King Size En-suite Bedrooms and 2 luxurious King Sized suites with lounge and En-suite bathroom. Every bedroom/suite has the following facilities:
• Large TV and DSTV, telephone and free broadband Internet access (ADSL)
• Tea and Coffee tray with daily treats
• Superior air-conditioning unit, Safe, Hair Dryer and Laundry Service
• Every room has a King Sized bed or can be configured with two generous single beds upon request. We use only the finest percale cotton linens.
• Original 1930’s wardrobes in a variety of woods such as Oak, Satinwood and Oregon Pine. Beautiful writing desks with custom made chairs and other delightful furniture sourced from ‘Cape Cottage Furniture’ and ‘Olde ‘n New’
Every luxurious bathroom has
• Sandstone self-draining floors allowing you to splash away happily
• Divine Victorian Ball & Claw bath with large Victorian Shower overhead
• Wall mounted Heater
• Luxurious range of bath gels, shampoos, lotions, soaps and other treats
• Large and very fluffy towels
Breakfasts are served in the dining room from 7.30am through 10am (flexible) and consist of an extensive cold buffet including fruit juice, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, home made breads, jams, preserves and fruit. A standard hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages and tomatoes is also available along with specialities such as Goats Milk Cheese and Fresh Herb Omelette.
The Sleepy Gecko Conference Centre and Function Venue caters for 15-20 delegates in various room configurations including boardroom, training centre and workgroup styles. We have a separate lunch and tea area where delegates can stretch their legs, mingle and chat. We have extremely comfortable leather boardroom chairs that allow delegates to relax in comfort and enjoy the presentations or training. The venue is air-conditioned and heated for all weather types.
There is a built in projector system complete with laptop and audio setup as well as a wireless microphone or microphone headset for presenters, DVD, and a Wii console. There is wireless ADSL available along with DSTV. Furthermore we have a complete DJ setup for after conferencing functions or for functions in their own right such as Birthdays, Weddings and other social occasions. We have 10 rooms available to sleep delegates and also can utilise other guest houses close by for extra delegates.
Our standard Conference Rates include morning coffee with snacks, a two course lunch and afternoon tea with cakes. The rate also includes bottled water for the delegates, wireless internet and the usage of all other conference room facilities including the projector, flip-chart, networked printer, Sleepy Gecko Pads of Paper and Sleepy Gecko Pens..
FACILITIES & SERVICES
• Very comfortable reception/lounge where you can relax, read the newspapers, magazines or books or play board games
• There is an honesty bar with cool drinks and snacks available 24 hours a day.
• Unique dining room with leaded glass windows, stunning Oregon pine floors, original pressed steel ceilings and 1930’s fireplace surrounds
• Six secure off-street parking bays, one bay for each room. One of the bays has been specifically designed for large vehicles like SUV’s
• Shuttle service to Airport and other locations
• Fax and other office services
• Less than a minute walk to the best bars and restaurants in the area
• Excellent Security
• Swimming pool with martini seat - to laze by and sip cocktails.