About Riviera Hotel
The Riviera Hotel is a modern, attractively decorated low budget tourist hotel offering excellent value and friendly, efficient service.
The Riviera Hotel is ideally located at the edge of Durban’s CBD, opposite Durban Bay, the International Yacht Harbour, BAT Cultural and Entertainment Centre ,Wilson’s Wharf and Catalina Live Theatre. The hotel is only a 40 minute drive from the King Shaka International Airport, a 10 minute drive to the International Convention Centre, uShaka Marine World, Sun Coast Casino and Entertainment Complex and Durban’s main beaches.
The 66 hotel rooms, mostly sea facing are fully carpeted, have colour TV (SABC, eTV stations), ceiling fans and an en-suite shower and toilet or bath and toilet.
A number of Standard Harbour facing rooms now have DStv channels- Mnet, Movie 1and Sport 1,2,3, and 4.
Premium Budget Rooms are also available with air conditioning, plus flat screen TV’s with Mnet, Movie 1 and Supersport channels 1,2,3,4 (from DStv) and some rooms with a balcony are available.
Family rooms accommodating two adults and one or two small children are also available.
Busters Diner Restaurant and Bar
The Busters Diner restaurant, located on the ground floor, has a menu to cater for a wide range of tastes and ample seating for those who enjoy the bustle of the Esplanade and International Yacht Harbour across the road. As a licensed tourist hotel with full food and beverage facilities, guests are prohibited from bringing their own food and drinks into the hotel.
Services and Facilities
• Access to fax, e-mail and internet during office hours by prior arrangement.
• Undercover secure parking adjoining the hotel at reasonable rates
• Telephone in room (optional)
• Lock up safe facilities on premises /personal room safes in some rooms
• Internet / email available on dedicated guest computer
• Small conference/meeting room (30pax)
• Wi fi available in restaurant, bar,lounge, conference room and some hotel rooms (30 minutes / 50MB free per day)
Since our hotel is very popular and so heavily booked, early advance booking is essential. Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of an advance payment.