About Riverside Lodge
Riverside Lodge is beautifully situated in Amsterdamhoek on the banks of the Swartkops River and is just two kilometres from Bluewater Bay beach and only 20 minutes drive to virtually anywhere in Port Elizabeth! Amsterdamhoek is a riverside village named after a Dutch warship wrecked at the Swartkops River mount in 1817.
Our guests include business people, holiday makers, family groups and intrepid fishermen who are looking for reasonably-priced accommodation in a comfortable and scenic environment.
With the stunning river views and abundant bird life we are able to offer our guests a unique and tranquil home away from home experience. Comfortable double rooms with down duvets all with en-suite bathrooms / showers, satellite TV, tea & coffee facilities and hairdryers. Our rooms are serviced daily by our courteous and well-trained staff. There is a private guest lounge overlooking the pool and river.
• Solar heated swimming pool
• Outdoor Jacuzzi under thatch
• Indoor and outdoor braai facilities for all weather barbeques
• Laundry service
• Telephone, fax and email facilities
• Conference facilities for up to 10 people
Breakfast & Dining
We personally prepare your choice of delicious breakfasts that will satisfy you until dinner time. Dinners are available on request from Monday to Thursday nights. There is a thatched dining room with the choice of either indoor or balcony seating overlooking the river.
Why not try fishing off the private jetty or from a fishing paddle ski – bait is locally available to purchase. There are Aloe Nature Trail runs along the highest level of the property or you can take a walk to the mouth of the river where you can continue your walk along an expanse of pristine beach. Our sunsets will take your breath away…
Within 20 Minutes of Riverside Lodge
• Port Elizabeth Airport
• Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)
• The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Complex which apart from the casino boasts an array of popular restaurants to suit the most discerning palate and an amphitheatre that showcases top local talent.
• Port Elizabeth’s beautiful beaches, including Hobie Beach which has blue star status and is the venue for the Iron Man competition each year.
• The oceanarium which is home to our famous dolphins.
• The museum complex.
• Major shopping centres including Greenacres, Walmer Park, Moffet on Main Lifestyle Centre.
• Virgin Active & Planet Fitness gyms.
• Greenacres, St George’s and Mercantile Hospitals.
We are less than 10 minutes from the Coega Industrial Development Zone and Perseverance business area.