Welcome to The River House on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Colchester, Greater Addo.
The Sundays River runs through the village of Colchester which is 25 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth. Jeffrey Bay, Cape St Francis, Kenton on Sea, Bushman’s River, Port Alfred, Tsitsikama and even Plettenberg Bay are all close by, offering interesting day trips. The world famous game reserves of Addo, Shamwari, Schotia and Lalibella are all in close proximity.
This large family home is a few minutes stroll away from the river bank and slipway to launch. Sundays River offers entertainment and fun for the entire family. Your choices vary between surf and river fishing or endless walks along the vast beaches and towering dunes. The long and winding river is ideal for all water sport, kayaking or peaceful bird watching with many sandy “beaches” to provide safe swimming and picnicking.
Self Catering Accommodation
After a day in the sun you can relax and enjoy this large, modern, tastefully furnished and fully equipped home. There are 6 bedrooms with 4 en suite bathrooms and outside shower. We can comfortably accommodate 12 – 14 people, which is ideal for families to share. The entertainment and bar area with a pool table and big screen TV overflows onto the patio and barbecue area with an outside sound system. Our accommodation although relaxed and for you to enjoy, is on par with our B&B standards.
• Fans throughout/ heaters for winter
• Aircon in main bedroom and entertainment area
• 4 TV sets, satellite dish and decoder (bring own card), 3 dvd players and sound system
• Pool table, darts and games
• Kayaks & mountain bikes by arrangement
• Dishwasher & washing machine
• Cleaning service arranged on request
• Linen and towels
• Children welcome
Activities and Attractions
• Breath taking river mouth
• Endless km of beach
• Launching for deep sea fishing (at own risk)
• 148 km of dunefields - largest in the Southern hemisphere
• Abundant birdlife
• Top South Africa game Reserves
• Mountain bike trails and hikes
• Kununu canoe river trail
• Sundays River Ferry for sunset and day cruises
• Quad biking, whale & shark watching, elephant back rides, horse riding can be arranged
• Close to many popular holiday villages
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)