Map showing Olive Tree Farm
Directions to Olive Tree Farm
To Olive Tree Farm via Magaliesburg Village
Beware of speed traps on the roads. Distances are only approximate.
Take the NI (Concrete Highway) to Roodepoort.
Take the 14th Avenue off-ramp.
Turn RIGHT at the traffic light at the bottom of the off-ramp and go under the N1.
Go down to the third traffic light and turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter road.
Stay on this (winding) road until you come to an intersection with the R28/N14 (approx 15 km)
- - On the way you will pass MACRO etc. on the right.
At the intersection with the R28/N14 is a 3-phase set of traffic lights.
Go straight over this intersection and proceed in the direction of Tarlton/Ventersdorp for approx. 12 km.
You will then come to a stop-street at a T-junction.
- - Landmark is a Nursery and garage on the opposite side of the road
Turn right at this T-junction and proceed in the direction of Hekpoort.
About 300m after you have turned you will come to a turn-off to your left to Tarlton / Ventersdorp.
Take this road which goes in the direction of Tarlton and on to Magaliesburg Village.
As you proceed along this road for approx 12 km ignore any turnoffs to the right or left.
Continue on this road until you come to a Four- way stop.
At the four-way stop turn to RIGHT onto the R24 Rustenburg road.
Follow this road for approximately 7 km until you come to a stop-street going over a railway line at the start of the village of Magaliesburg
- - A landmark is a Wimpy on the left after the railway crossing
- - There are very often speed traps on this road so adhere to the speed limits.
Go over this level crossing and travel along this road (which is still the R24) through the Magaliesburg Village for approx 12 km.
- - Do not turn off the R 24 as you proceed through the Village
- - Approx 1 km on the R24 you will come to a three way Stop. Go straight over this stop-street in the direction of Rustenburg.
- - Do not turn off the tarred R24 as you proceed.
- - Further along you will come to Lovers Rock and further on a road to the right called Seekoeihoek Rd.
- - Carry on past these landmarks
You will then come to a road to the right which is the R560 HEKPOORT.
Turn rightat this road into the R560.
Travel along this road for about 2.3 km.
As you proceed along this road (R560) you will come to a sign Honey-Hill Farm on the right.
Count four telephone poles from this sign and you will come to the entrance of The Olive Tree Farm (RH7) also on your right. This sign is about 1.7m above the ground. - If you miss our entrance gate you will come to a small-holding called CONTENT. Turn around and go back five telephone poles to our entrance.
Turn right into our entrance and follow the gravel road which will go over a disused railway line.
About 300m further up the road you will come to a green palisade fence with an electric gate.
The security gate will close 10 seconds after it has fully opened which will allow you plenty of time to proceed through safely.
- - Please go slowly through the gate.
Follow the gravel road to the house. There is a sign indicating the direction to Reception.