About Oceans Echo
Located in Fish Hoek, Oceans Echo self-catering villa is nestled between Simons Town and Kalk Bay, on the South Peninsula. Our contemporary styled, luxury villa sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms and is set against the mountain, offering panoramic sea views and unforgettable sunrises.
Yvette, the owner, manages the day-to-day running of the villa personally and is passionate about making your visit as comfortable and effortless as possible. She can assist you with itinerary planning and holiday advice and is a skilled and enthusiastic cook, available for your catering / personal chefing needs which can be planned prior to your arrival, or as required throughout your stay.
Self Catering Accommodation
• Open plan kitchen lounge / dining area / sun terrace leading onto a courtyard with pool, all with panoramic sea views
• Open plan gourmet kitchen equipped with stove - gas & electric / microwave / fridge / freezer / dishwasher / crockery / cutlery / pots / pans
• Plasma screen television with DSTV satellite and DVD player
• BBQ in the yard
• 5 en-suite bedrooms (downstairs)
• 100% cotton linen and towels
• Television and safe’s in all the rooms with tea / coffee making facilities
• Wireless connectivity
• House security system, with armed response
• Travel cot for infants
What We Offer:
• Our passionate-about-cooking chef is available on request
• Picnic baskets for day trips
• Airport transfers by arrangement
• Car hire by arrangement
• Wake up calls
• Fully Serviced / Housekeeping
• Secure Parking on site
• Laundry Service
• Secretarial services by arrangement
• 3 minute drive to supermarkets / pharmacies / internet cafes
• Babysitters on request
Location & Views
From the villa, you are able to see and hear The Southern Right Whales who migrate every year to our coastal waters to calve and nurse their young. The whales, often meters from the shore, stay in the area between August and November. There are many opportunities for both land based and boat based whale watching.
Activities & Attractions
Oceans Echo is a 2 minute walk away from the ‘Jagger walk’ and Fish Hoek main beach, which is one of Cape Towns safest, warmest (5-7 degrees warmer than the Atlantic side), and most beautiful swimming beaches. The town of Fish Hoek has amenities such as banks, pharmacies, shops and restaurants. Kalk Bay and Simons Town are just 5km and 8km away, respectively. Clovelly Golf Club is a 5 minute drive away.
Muizenberg Beach, the surfing hot spot for beginners and veterans, is 5 minutes drive away. St James Beach and Danger Beach lies between Kalk Bay and Muizenberg and are also 5 minutes away. St James Beach has a great tidal pool, as does Kalk Bay (Dalebrook). The “coastal-strip” between Simons Town and Muizenberg offers a myriad of eateries and restaurants, from laid back fish and chip shops to world class cuisine.
What We Can Arrange:
We are happy to make prior bookings for you in order to reserve your place on any of the following tours:
Shark Cage, Cape Town City Tour, Brandy and Chocolate Tasting, Cheese Tasting, Bo-Kaap (Walking Tour), Cape Township Tours, Cape Peninsula and Cape Point, Table Bay and Waterfront, Constantia Wine Route, Cape Winelands Tour, Baboon Walks, Whale watching, Scenic helicopter flights, daily cruises and boat trips, Historic Boat Tour at Simons Town , Cruise to Robben Island , Table Mountain Nature Reserve , Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town by Night , Jackass Penguin Colony , Seal Island boat tours, special interest tours.
Ideally positioned 35 minutes from the international airport, 40 minutes from the winelands, 20 min from the Cape Point Nature Reserve and 40 minutes from the Cape Town CBD, Oceans Echo’s location is far away enough to be tranquil, yet close enough for easy access.