About Nottingham Country House
Nottingham Country House offers Guest House Accommodation in Port Elizabeth combined with warm hospitality, charm and sophisticated comfort for leisure travellers and business executives.
Nottingham Country House combines warm hospitality, charm and sophisticated comfort for leisure travellers and business executives. Proud owner, Gavin has created a refined haven of comfort, where guests are assured of outstanding hospitality and exceptional personal service.
An original country house, built in 1910, has gleaming wooden floors, high ceilings and stained glass doors, reflections of a gracious era. Nottingham Country House is ideally located in the beautiful garden suburb of Walmer, which is centrally situated close to the airport, less than five minutes to our popular beaches and within walking distance to fabulous restaurants and pubs. Walmer Park Shopping Centre, which offers a variety of shops, restaurants, cinemas and other entertainment, is only six minutes drive away.
Four en-suite bedrooms and three family units, have an ambience of tranquillity and style. Each unit has an en-suite bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with M-Net, heaters, fans and hairdryers, all designed to ensure ultimate comfort and relaxation. Some rooms have private entrances and our parking is secure and off street.
English or Continental breakfasts are served in the relaxed setting of a large dining room, which offers a view of the tropical garden and pool. Our staff prepare a breakfast that is guaranteed to satisfy even the most discerning taste!
Home-cooked evening meals are available by prior arrangement. An indoor and outdoor BBQ / braai facility, as well as a fully equipped kitchen is available for those who prefer the self-catering option.
Nottingham has been graded by The Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) as a 3-Star establishment in the Guesthouse category as well as receiving the Portfolio accolade in the "Great Comfort" category!
Our location is perfect for business and leisure travellers as we are centrally situated within minutes from all major attractions and facilities:
• Beachfront with the new Boardwalk Casino Complex (3.5km's)
• Addo Elephant Park (less than an hour away) – malaria free
• Shamwari Game Reserve (less than an hour away) – malaria free
• Schotia Game Park (less than an hour away) – malaria free
• Lalibela Game Park (less than an hour away) – malaria free
• Kragga Kamma Game Park (15 minutes only) – malaria free
• Amakhala Game Park (situated in the same vicinity as the other game parks)
• Restaurants and Pubs: many within walking distance
• Six Avenue and Walmer Park Shopping Centres
• Golf Courses Walmer and Humewood
• Walking / Jogging trails in Baakens Valley
• Health & Racquet Club
• St George's Hospital
• The airport (2 minutes from our establishment)
• Close to the major highway (M4) which links one to all areas