About Murdoch's Lodge
Murdoch’s Lodge is set on a golf estate that surrounds the White River Championship Golf Course. It is close to the Kruger National Park. Murdoch’s is a luxurious home away from home.
It is a self-catering home that is serviced daily. Murdoch’s is the ideal place to unwind after a round of golf, a day’s sight-seeing, or game-viewing in the Kruger. As the sun sets over the beautiful White River Valley, you relax on the magnificent patio and enjoy a traditional South African ‘braai’.
Self Catering Accommodation
The facilities include:
• Four double bedrooms, all en suite
• Entertainer’s dining-room and lounge, flowing onto a patio and pool - the patio has a magnificent ‘braai’ facility complete with food serving area and drinks’ fridge
• Big screen TV with extensive cable options is the order of the day at Murdoch’s
• Second lounge (with TV) ideal for children and teenagers
• Gourmet kitchen for fans of master-chef
• Executive study
• Facility of two bunk rooms sleeping up to 14 children / teenagers with two bathrooms, separate balcony and private TV - ideal for teenagers. The youngsters can get away from you and you can get away from the youngsters.
Five star dining is available on the estate and there are many fine restaurants in the White River area.
Activities and Attractions
The Kruger Park’s Phabeni gate is 40 minutes away and the Numbi gate is only 30 minutes down the road. There is an 18 hole championship golf course right on your doorstep and other golf courses such as Sabi River Sun, Kruger Park Lodge, Nelspruit, Skukuza and Leopard Creek are all within easy striking distance.
The ‘Lowveld Meander’ is a sightseer’s paradise. You can visit sites such as God’s Window, Pilgrim’s Rest, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, Mount Sheba and the Sudwala Caves. For the more adventurous there is mountain biking, river rafting on the Sabie River and bungee jumping, rock climbing and abseiling in Graskop.