Welcome to Melkboomsdrift Lodge on SA-Venues.com, offering 4 star graded accommodation in Vredendal, Cape West Coast.
Melkboomsdrift Lodge is a welcome and convenient stopover for business people and tourists between Cape Town and Namibia or Upington on the N7. It is situated between Vredendal and Lutzville just off the N7 on the R363
The Lodge is located on the fertile banks of the Olifants River, on the famous South African West Coast. This gem of South Africa's West Coast, has everything and more to offer the battle-weary businessman or adventurous tourist. On your arrival at Melkboomsdrift, you will be received by the friendly personnel who will gladly treat you to a private wine tasting on this beautiful working wine farm producing boutique wines.
In the winter months a welcome glass of sherry will be presented to you on arrival to keep the winter chills at bay. During the warm and balmy summer months, enjoy a refreshing homemade iced tea, a speciality of the house, before being shown to your suite.
There is little to prepare you for the sheer chic and panache of this stylish establishment. Each suite has been lovingly restored and decorated in a uniquely distinctive style. No one room looks like any other. Each suite and self-catering unit is equipped with a fully stocked bar fridge for your convenience. Coffee and tea facilities are available as well and also fresh homemade rusks!
Televisions are standard in all suites and include all local channels as well as MNet and DSat. The cottages include private gardens with BBQ facilities for each. The units are fully equipped for self catering and include fresh linen and all of the above.
Upgraded and larger conference facilities have recently been completed at Melkboomsdrift. The upgraded facilities can accommodate up to 20 delegates and offers up to date equipment and amenities.
Enjoy scrumptious farmhouse breakfasts or a delicious English Cream Tea served on the patio of Melkboomsdrift Lodge. Enjoy fine country cooking for which Melkboomsdrift Guest Lodge and Conference Centre is renowned.
Activities & Attractions
• Nature's own annual Floral Display of Wild Desert Flowers - August through September
• Panoramic views of the stunning vineyards of the Olifants River Valley
• Abundant indigenous bird life
• Sun-soaked lazy days around the pool and barbecue area
• Delicious, succulent crayfish - fresh from the pristine blue Atlantic Ocean
• The awe-inspiring Saldanha - Sishen railway bridge
• Hiking trails
• Wine tasting
• 4x4 routes and quadbiking
• Stroll down to a look-out point with your flask of tea/coffee or a bottle of Melkboomsdrift Lodge boutique wine and add to our list of bird species to be spotted on the farm or next to the Olifants River - 15 species have been identified so far by guests
• Play golf at our golf course in Lutzville and Vredendal 9 holes and then come and relax with a gold beer or a bottle of red wine from our farm.
• Come and Rittel during the annual Rittelfees in the last weekend of Oct each year.
• Wine tasting at our big cellars at Lutzville and Vredendal.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)